Monday, September 10, 2012

The Odd Couple Assignment 7 Pic + Scores (Semi-Finale)

I was convinced I posted this already and read scores fully, but nope I didn't. Better later than never. ^_^; 
2nd place for the semi-finale!

Arnie + Maggie by Pink - 75/90
Maggie and Arnie - 58 + 75 = 133
With our pushy friends out of the picture, me and Arnie were finally able to get some time together as newlyweds. Things did start off kind of boring when Arnie went golfting...*yawn*, but things liven up when I chose the next place!
Haha, I really don't get why Arnie was so afraid. The rock wall was awesome! It's too bad he fainted before getting his turn.
But after the rock wall and Arnie sudden nap, we decided to go down to the beach near by. We took a nice little swim and order some drinks. Now this is a honeymoon!


Gleeky
Creativity: 4/5
Relates to Assignment: 5/5
Execution: 4/5
Story: 3/5
Overall: 8/10

weerweer02
Creativity: 3/5
Relates to Assignment: 5/5
Execution: 4/5
Story: 3/5
Overall: 9/10

crimson
Creativity: 4/5
Relates to Assignment: 5/5
Execution: 4.5/5
Story: 5/5
Overall: 8.5/10
While I would have liked to see Maggie and Arnie jetset off to another location, I absolutely LOVE the background setting of your photos- it's gorgeous! I think you've perfectly captured your couples' personalities her; Maggie's quite the adventurous one! Your first photo I thought was pretty much flawless. I love all the little things going on in the background, like the man playing fetch with his dog (I love little details like that!) yet you've managed to still keep your couple the main focus. And, once again, the scenery is amazing! I love Maggie's face here, too, like she's trying really hard to be interested, but she's really just itching to do something more exciting. I like your second picture as well, it's a brilliant idea, the only thing is that I feel like Maggie is a bit TOO far away. This is a tough one because you've got your couple facing in opposite directions at different heights and different distances from the camera. I know a shot like this would've given me hell. You did awesome with it, but I do feel like it could've been made even better by fiddling with different angles and positioning. I keep seeing a shot with Arnie standing closer to the rock wall, taken from lower to the ground and looking up at Arnie's terrified face and Maggie way up on the wall. Your third photo is nice, and again I think the background is very pretty, I just wish there was a little bit more going on here. It's almost sort of plain, and a large portion of the picture is just the bar, which would be fine if there were more details to balance it out. I love the posing you've used here, though- I think it's adorable and it works really well for the setting of the photo, I just wish there were some more little details in this one. Overall, I think you did great! Their honeymoon looks like lots of fun, and the setting is beautiful.



So yeah I got 2nd. Not too surprised. Having rushed and finished them all in one night, I think I did pretty good. All very random ideas inspired by Lucky Palms and items in my game. I must say all the new recent worlds seem to have fantastic lighting. Made it much easier. 

Since the first picture was picked as the favorite, I'll discuss that a bit more. I had a bit of oops with Arnie. I accidently moved him while in mid swing and put him back in place. Odd enough it worked out for me. Then the dog throwing the stick was an afterthought to add an pet in my picture, because I rarely put animals in my pictures. As for my favorite, I love the rock wall and the humor of the 3rd picture. I do agree with the feedback I got on it, but Arnie's face is priceless! :D

As for the 3rd pic, I like how the moon looks like it belongs there and the beautiful scenery. The lighting was also really nice. So yeah that's about it.

And funnily enough I'm done with my finale picture. Didn't even read comments for scores on this one till today (oops), but I've already put a lot detail in my new picture. I'm proud with it and I'm going be ok with the results no matter what. :)

P.S. For a sneak peek of my finale picture, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative