Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Odd Couple: Assignment 1 Pics + Scores

Arnie + Maggie by Pink - 60/60 
Me Time-"What do they like to do when they need space? Show their differences"

Arnie is a huge nerd, which is what Maggie loves about him. It's only when he role plays that things get a bit too nerdy for her. When he thinks she isn't watching, he loves to role play in his dorm room while playing dungeons and dragons. Waving a wooden sword with authentic knight gear he brought online, he can get a litte carried away.

"Princess Maggie I shall save you!"

"What? Arnie are you in there?"

"What?! No...um come back later!"
Meanwhile, Arnie loves Maggie's tough side. It's one of things he admires about her, but when she plays pool she can be a bit competitive and he isn't very good at it. Arnie being total fail at anything consider sports, she doesn't mind going alone. She likes to play in the toughest of bars. Places she knows her boyfriend would coward in fear just to look at, which oddly brings her a thrill. Winning cash and beating the boys all night long can really take her mind off of things.


Gleeky
Creativity: 5/5
Relates to Assignment: 5/5
Execution: 5/5
Story: 5/5
Overall: 10/10
Fabulous!

crimson:
Creativity: 5/5
Relates to Assignment: 5/5
Execution: 5/5
Story: 5/5
Overall: 10/10
I'm absolutely in love with Arnie's picture, and Maggie's is fantastic, too! This is just the sort of thing I was looking for with this assignment. The settings you've created for these pictures are fabulous; Arnie's room looks great and really brings out who he is. I love the added touch of the plush dragon he's about to slay to save his princess. Maggie's cool, dark bar looks great, and her onlookers fit perfectly in the background. As well, your models themselves look awesome, and everything from their clothes and expressions and the settings we see them in really gives us insight as to who they are. Awesome job!

Squeee!!! Yet another 1st. Agh now watch me totally fail on the next assignment. LOL I'm really surprised I thought up these pictures. I had totally different ideas at first. The 1st picture was going be a scene from comic con (the comic convention here). I even made a flash t-shirt for the shoot, but backed out of it when I realized it was no way I would make that without some fantastic building and lots of props. End up scaling it back to this cosplay/role playing idea. Gotta admit t's way cuter than my original idea. Hehe. :)

Then the 2nd picture was going be Maggie sitting in the cemetery writing poetry, but something about it was too cliche. Plus I've done the whole cemetery thing before. >_<  So I was wracking my brain for awhile and I asked myself "what haven't you done? Showtime items maybe? Ok what can I use in Showtime that will work for this?" Someone had did karaoke (didn't mind) and then my brain said pool table! I think all of my best ideas before going to sleep. It's weird. xD Anyway, I build part of a bar and dressed up some male simmies. I wanted it to look like a tough type of bar. I even had a bartender, but you can't see her really. Well after doing all that and getting some cool male poses, I started shooting. I had to litterally wait for her to go around the table a couple times as she played to get that shot. Slightly time consuming, but worth it.

Again I think my sudden detail in my settings is making my pictures more lively. Both of those sets were extremely detailed and I took my time and build them. Just hope I can keep up this nice little pace and edit my ideas down when I have to. Extremely happy how both of these turned out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative