Thursday, July 25, 2013

Yeah another job related post...

Ok, so far I've been really busy and all over the place when it comes to working lately. I've gotten a little bit better at some aspects of it, but I feel like I have a lot to improve on and the stress still gets to me at times.

They finally got around to putting me at the door as a greeter. Greeting people is ok, but I have hard time speaking up sometimes and it can get REALLY boring. I do get to sit down, but it's so boring at times I feel like falling asleep. lol I also get a lot people wanting to talk to me. I don't mind too much, but it's a bit draining after awhile. Then I got hit on by some creepy old guy. He kept asking me if I wanted to "hang out" or "escape". I literally wanted to gag! I quickly ran off and took my break on that note, but it really made me feel unsafe. That is a big con for me. It is nice to get away from the ever unorganized toy aisle, but sitting around bored and having creeps hit on me isn't so great either.

Despite, the first day greeting at the door was pretty interesting. One huge guy shoplifted some water right in front of my face and well I thought he paid for it, but he didn't. I wasn't looking for that at all though, especially not on my first day at the door. Anyway, security didn't catch him and  I did feel a little responsible. Still he was a big guy and if I did asked for a receipt, he would of easily plucked me to the other side of the vestibule. lol They told me not sweat it though, because I didn't know and it was there fault for getting there late. Pfff even if I did know, I don't think I would asked for a receipt or try to keep him there. Anyway, shortly afterwards I finally got to see them apprehend someone and I had to be the female presence when they took her to the back. Yes all of this happen in one day! 0_o

I also got to meet the security there. One of them is near my age and the other is an older guy. The older one is nice and funny. The one near my age is a horrible distraction. Seriously. He's freaking cute! We had the most fantastic conversation that same day all shoplifting crap happen. Was about the job, but it was the first time in awhile I felt comfortable talking to someone. I didn't 2nd guess myself. I didn't get nervous! It was freaking epic! We talked through most my shift. We haven't got to talk like that since, but I've seen him off and on. He even came by the toy section to say hello to me and a couple people. Now the horrible part about this is I find myself getting f'ing giddy whenever he is around and then awfully disappointed when he's not around or he seem uninterested in me. The other day he randomly gave me a hug and thought I might explode into a ball of confetti. I spent most the day trying decode what that meant. Today hug felt friendly though, so I'm going with that. He just really confuses the crap out of me. I guess I should I just focus on work, because it could be problematic if I embarrass myself or ends up being a dud. I think I'm just in love with love. Forever stuck in the friend zone.*sigh*

Well today was completely sucky. I came in on my off day expecting the loss prevention manager needed me desperately and they literally just made up something for me to do. It truly pissed me off. I was expecting to have a ok day at the door and wasn't really needed as someone was already in my spot. Soooo eventually he had me monitoring  the fitting room, which is a completely stupid and useless job. No one has done that in forever! I felt so stupid and unwanted. Then right at the end of my shift, two ladies came up and took a freaking hour just to come out. They took so long another employee told me to go ahead, because she could tell I about had it for the day. It was 15 mins pass of my the end of my shift.

Thankfully I'm off again tomorrow (Friday) and then Sunday. I felt like I was having another panic attack earlier, but watching project runway and eating yogurt helped. Typing this long a** post helped too. Soooo, the next post will be sim related. I don't want to think about work. I want to think about IP. I want to think about pixels. I want to think about sims. I want to chat with my simming friends. That's all I want to do for the weekend. :)

P.S. Though I don't want to talk about work, do feel free to comment. lol Geez I wrote a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative