Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I start work tomorrow...

Yeah she wants me tomorrow at 4 and she's going start training me this week.

She had been trying to get in touch with me on the house phone, but she couldn't get me for some reason and I didn't see anything on caller ID, so I just assumed she was just waiting for me to fill out stuff. Thankfully I answer the phone and she had me literally running out the house, because today was the only day I could get my orientation! She was about to give the position to someone else if I couldn't make it. So I did the fastest clothes dressing I've done in my life and got there in time! o_o

I haven't eaten all day, so I really don't feel like explaining my whole day. I'll just say it was a long long long day.

But....

I'm officially an employee of a Kmart. I'll be working 3 days this week. Two days will be as an greeter/exit monitor. Then one special day will be in the toy aisle straighten things up.... and playing with the toys. Kidding. Kinding. My schedule will change, but this week I start training. I have my shirt and pants. I got a locker. I also got a shiny badge with my name on it. :P

 P.S. Thankfully I don't have to work on my birthday (Friday), but my Dad does. We'll work something out.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Vid! You're excited now but after awhile in retail, you will want the hell out!! lol Baltimorons can be rude, demanding, ignorant SOBs! Not trying to scare you but if they don't annoy you then you are a better person than I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay it's great news that you're starting soon because that makes the first pay day all the sooner, but even better news that you don't have to work on your birthday! I'm glad it starts out part- time as well because you'll be really tired at first, especially if you're standing all the time.

    Good luck Vid and have fun (or as much as you can have anyway).

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative