Monday, July 29, 2013

Simiverse Corp. Next Top Ad Designer: Cycle 1: A5 SCORES (Totally Forgot About This!)

I got 3rd.
Burger king ads are notorious for showing big juicy burgers that would make your mouth water, but is that the case? No. When you get your actual burger, it is no way near the size of the burger on the commercial. They might not even be even steaming hot or fresh, as employees are told just to throw them into microwave. So before you grab a bite at burger king or any fast food place, be warn that their commercials are just fantasies!


Team Vid Overall Scores: 43.5/50

Style: 8/10
Presentation: 5/5
Concept: 5/5
Execution: 3/5
Total: 21/25
This was a good ad Vid. Funny as well, however I think it missed the mark just a bit. The hamburger, cup and pop look like they were edited in (they don't blend well) and the ice I could barely make out what it was. It should problem look a bit more white because it's frozen. The concept was really good. The employee I get why she was in the photo, but as an employee she would have to stick to our burgers are the best and not embarrassment.

Style: 9.5/10
Presentation: 5/5
Concept: 5/5
Execution: 3/5
Total: 22.5/25
Comments: I thought you did a great job with this assignment! I liked the idea of using a fast food restaurant. That said, I didn’t think your extra was necessary. I felt like she was in there just to take up space since all she was doing was posing. Also, I could definitely see white around the spilled liquid that’s falling. If it were me, I would have just erased that, since you wouldn’t see it if you had gotten all the white. But overall, it was a solid photo and idea. Great job!


I had forgot to post this! Well basically I was asked to do a false advertisement and well I drew a complete blank after just reading the instructions. lol I didn't really know how to go about it really. When I see false advertisements they are usually things like smoking, medicine, and restaurants. I wasn't about to do smoking, because I didn't feel like figuring out how to make him look like he had been smoking. I didn't want to do medicine as Chelle had did that already and I didn't know how I would show that really. Then I had the idea of magazines and photoshoping, but I wasn't sure how to go about that either. Might of worked better with my female model too.

Anyway, I finally convinced myself to do restaurants and the fake looking burgers they always show. Food from fast food restaurants look amazing on tv, but they look like microwaves crap when you get them most of the time. I had just finished complaining about that to a family member and the timing just seemed meant. Plus it was kind of funny once I did it.

The posters and logo were edited in pretty good. I think the cup and ice was a bad idea though. I also could of left the employee out after looking it over again. Oh well. By the way, to fair Mc'Donalds does it too. They all do. xD

P.S, The employee was there just to fill up space. Didn't mean for her to have any real meaning. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative