Thursday, April 11, 2013

Movie Magic: Cycle One- Assignment 1 Scores!

1st – Vid with Monica
I got 1st! Weeeee! I'm so happy!!!!! Awesomesauce! 
Novel alert ahead. Sorry...>_>



Genre: 5/5
Movie Title: 4.5/5
Model’s Appearance: 4/5
Creativity: 10/10
Quality: 9.5/10
Overall Look: 14/15
Total: 47/50
Comments: Wow Vid! I loved your poster so much! I loved the idea! It was definitely one of the more creative ones! At first when I saw your model it looked like she had gotten into a fight and I freaked out for a moment thinking that you had done something with abuse, but then I looked at the other parts of your photo and it all came together. I would have liked to have seen the title be larger. But overall, I think you did a fantastic job in this assignment!


Genre: 5/5
Movie Title: 4.5/5
Model’s Appearance: 5/5
Creativity: 10/10
Quality: 10/10
Overall Look: 14.5/15
Total: 49/50
Comments: This looks great Vid! I love how you can see all the destruction the couple made. I would definitely go see this movie. Only two teensy things bug me: the title is a bit too small and the girl in yellow romper is kind of stiff. It looks great other than that!


Genre: 5/5
Movie Title: 5/5
Model’s Appearance: 5/5
Creativity: 5/10
Quality: 9/10
Overall Look: 14/15
Total: 49/50
Comments: I LOVE THIS PHOTO! It really made me chuckle, my only issue was the plasters on them, they looked a bit like they were just painted on. But everything else was super! The title fits, the quality was good, the two people match, it was very good!

+2 for being the Judge’s Pick
Overall Score: 147/150

Wooooooooo!!!! With such tough judges, it's awesome that I got 1st and I was judge’s pick this week! I'm so glad I went through with my idea and was able to put it in picture form! Haha, Rom-coms aren't even my thing and I did it!!! Thank you judges!

So going into this, I had 3 ideas. At first I was drawing a big blank, but I started thinking about ideas I've seen in comedies and tv shows.

My first idea was based off of the movie Switch (with Will Smith) and the show Catfish on MTV. The show Catfish involves people meeting their online love interest  face to face. Well it's quite funny when the person they meet looks nothing like their pic! I actually watch it for that reason. xD Anyway, I was going have my lead actress in a situation like that. The poster was going have her in the middle and on each side she was going have two guys. A really good looking one side and a sloppy looking one on the other. So through the whole movie, she would be looking for Mr. Right and getting Mr. Wrong. Hmmmm...I actually like the idea more after writing all of that out, but someone else did something VERY similar and it wasn't fully realized concept at the time anyway.

Sooo I scratched that off my list of ideas and thought about having a married couple in a funny situation. I was going have this couple kind of on verge of splitting, but they get a call from a family member to watch nieces and nephews for one day. Of course this wouldn't go smoothly, but the two would fall back in love by the end of the movie. Awww! *gags* Kidding! Well the poster was going have my actress and the husband tied up surrounded by kids. lol It was adorable idea, but making them look tied up and making sure my model was focus was going be a major pain! Plus I was scared it wouldn't be romantic enough and it would look more like a comedy when it came to making a poster.

So then it came down to my winning idea! I took a bit from the movie 50 first dates and a bit from the movie Bedazzled. Then I slapped my own flavor into and got this!

Well I wanted do something a bit different setting and do a street kind of setting. I usually suck at that, but I didn't do half bad. The store turned out looking decent. Editing the manhole cover in helped too.

So after that, I found an Awkward pose pack, which included the guy holding his foot. Well I was hoping to use the rest for my couple, but I end up not needing them. I figured I should go with romantic poses to bring in the romance part. So then I went hunting around and found a ladder! All the great comedies have the gag of someone falling off a ladder right?! xD I found one at MTS and then found the perfect pose. It was a falling pose for something else, but it was literally the perfect pose for my idea! Then I came up with a robbery happening to fill up space and further show how bad luck they are! The only pose I wished I changed, was the girl in the romper. She suppose to look shocked, but I end up not even showing her face.

The rest of the work went into lighting and getting the words on it. It took me quite a few times to get the lighting right. It was either too bright or too dark. Then the edges needed to be smoothed out too. Thanks to Mojo, I used smudge tool for this. Still with all the work, the lighting and quality could of been better. I did my best in that department. As for anything else, the band aids and tape on the glasses was a fun idea I thought of last min. I'm glad I thought of it!

Now the next assignment is Sci-Fi movies! Yes!!! Well in recent years I just got into Sci-fi movies actually. When I was little, I could care less about them. lol Now while I am still very picky when it comes to watching some of them, I put them up there with my love of horror movies now. So I was kind of hoping for assignment like this! My only issue with this assignment is getting that signature sleek, shiny, and sometimes dusty look into a sim pic! Sci-Fi assignments are always hard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative