Tuesday, March 31, 2015

SIMSPIRATION CYCLE 1- Assignment 5 Scores

Close to the end of this too.

1st PLACE
Vid "The Writer and His Muse" 97

This photo ended up being one big experiment that paid off. lol


Inspirational piece:


Dana says...

Quality: 9/10
Creativity: 10/10
Details: 10/10
Assignment 10/10
Overall Image: 9.5/10
Total: 48.5/50
This is soo awesome Vid! I love the idea and the details are perfect here! You did a great job with styling the Muse! I love those birds! The only thing is the hair is kind of of grainy on the ends and the writing on the paper is not properly tilted to the angle of the paper, but that’s a small detail, lol. But superb job!

Taylor says…
Quality: 9/10
Creativity: 10/10
Details: 10/10
Assignment 10/10
Overall Image: 9.5/10
Total: 48.5/50
The detail in this is amazing! I love her styling and background. Everything fits together nicely! Those birds and her tears really tie the picture together. If anything, the hair is a bit grainy on the ends, and a bit weird at the hairline, but good job regardless!


We all got different inspirations this round. Luckily, I liked my inspirational photo a lot. :)

I based my photo off the inspiration of course, but I was inspired by Ellie Goulding song called "The Writer" too. The inspiration reminded of that song. So I kind of went with the idea of a writer falling in love with a character from his book. As he wrote, the image of her haunted him and he couldn't let her go, because she reminded him of his departed wife. Well it went something like that in my head anyway.

The crows and the tears represent death. Her vulnerability represents his feelings for her. The white represents her being a spirit of sorts. I think the rest is obvious. 

Fun fact: The sim I'm using as the writer is Henry from my legacy. Seem fitting. :)

This sort of not what I envisioned, but it turned out be something really pretty. I screwed up with the writing part on the scroll and the ends of the hair, but I'm happy with it. I can't complain too much. 

As for the editing and experimenting, I never used stock hair before. It's hair that can be found Deviant Arts (and maybe other places) that's already drawn for you. I've heard of people using it, but I never tried it myself till now. I couldn't settle on a hairstyle and I took a few pics with my model bald, so I decided to try it for once. Didn't turn out bad. I'll try to practice and tweak it better next time.

The next assignment is "Return Home" by tahra. I have an idea, but I don't know how it's going turn out. Plan to get it out the way tomorrow hopefully. It's due Thursday. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative