Thursday, February 19, 2015

SIMSPIRATION CYCLE 1- Assignment 2 Scores

1st PLACE
Vid 
97
"The Girl Long Forgotten" 
The Assignment/inspiration for this was...
Imagine A Dream 2



Dana says…
Total: 48/50
Quality: 9/10
Creativity: 10/10
Detail: 10/10
Overall Image: 9/10
Assignment: 10/10
Wow! This is super creative Vid and I love the idea! This is one of my favorite this round! You did a really good job with paying attention to detail. The only things I took off for are quality things, such as the keys not really blending in with the photo and low quality of the table. Other than that, great great job!

Taylor says…
Quality: 9.5/10
Creativity: 10/10
Details: 9.5/10
Assignment 10/10
Overall Image: 10/10
Total: 49/50
I love this Vid! It’s creative, and out of the box. I love all the little details and I like how it gives kind of a story behind it feel. I do feel like the keys are floating and the jar has a few white lines here and there. Good job!

I'm shocked I got 1st! I knew I have some quality/editing issues, so I just expected to either be at the bottom or towards the middle with this one. Scores was an pleasant surprise.

I was inspired by the jar, the boat in the jar, and the girl. Before I read the title, I interrupted the photo to be about a girl who had this fantastic adventure and was thinking back on it. I thought she was preserving this memory like when people persevere model ship in jars. So I didn't really look at it as a dream and I went what I got out of the photo.

I took the idea of the jar and decided to make the memories about a relationship. It was going be about a happy relationship, but it turned into memories about a failed one and how a girl was only a memory now. 

The items in jar represent all the things that happen during their relationship. The boxes and keys represent moving on. The couple in the back represent the boy's new relationship. 

While I don't think I need to explain the styling, I will say I was inspired by Alice and Wonderland when dressing her. The girl in the assignment photo reminded me of Alice. 

Editing was a pain in ass, because I had too many comp pics to do and had to rush to get them done. I was a little under the weather with a cold, so they piled up a bit. Anyway, I should of done this one first maybe. This one had a lot little details and editing that needed careful attention. I think if I had more time, I would of ironed out the editing with the jar and the stupid keys. Something told me to leave the keys out. I am proud of the blur effect in the back tho. :)

The next assignment inspiration is a video called La Luna. I love Pixar flicks. I just have no freaking idea how I'm going translate anything into a sim pic. I guess I'll think of something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative