Thursday, July 24, 2014

Senior High Cycle 2: Out of This World - A1 Pic + Scores


3RD PLACE
Vid 
97 points 

10 Stellar Points
Different comp, but 3rd again! 3rd my place this week! :P Scores and story after the jump...



HOMEWORK #1: FIRST DAY
Blah I hate homework. Well deans or deans, I had a really interesting day today. Sure it was boring at first, but things got really interesting after lunch time. You see I was minding my own business and I had made a promise to myself to stay out of trouble that day. Boy, that didn't last long! After lunch I made my way to the ladies room to freshen up and make sense of my hair. They were a few other girls in there with me, but they didn't pose a threat. Things seem normal. Then out of no where a girl burst into the room and yell "The comets" are coming. "Who?", was my first thought, but I shrugged it off as nothing. The other girls on the other hand ran like heck out the door and seemed to be all in a panic. One slowpoke who didn't get the memo looked completely horrified when this so called group entered.

I took one look at them and they didn't seem so wonderful to me. A green chick with too much hairspray in her hair. Two book ins with blue skin and pigtails. I think they were twins or clones. I don't know. Don't care really since they had a nerve to threaten me. They even claimed they were the elite of the elite and that newbies like me needed to bow down to them. Aha! "That's funny and cute," I told them. They didn't seem to laugh. They crowed around me trying to so call intimidate me. Then they instructed me "that everyone must clear the bathroom when they enter, because losers and nerds must not bother them during their beauty time." I laughed at them again and continued fixing my hair in the mirror. I was for sure they must be kidding. They obviously had no clue who they were messing with. 

Then the green one touched me. She poked me with her fat little finger and began yelling at me to get out. I heard nothing. All I saw was red. Before I knew it I had slammed her on the floor and had her by her hair while her clique stood frozen in the corner. The slowpoke who was left behind seemed completely stunned and literally crawled her way over to the door. I let go of the girl and she seem positively frighten by me. I made sure her and her friends would keep their mouths shut. I even made sure to threatened the slowpoke, but of course someone spoke up and the teachers got word. 

So how was my first day? Boring at first, but it ended with me in the very first detention of the year. I have a feeling I'm going be there a lot this year. Meh it was worth it. Sorry deans. 



Personality: 4/5
Story Creativity: 8/10
Story Cohesion: 10/10
Image/Story Cohesion: 10/10
Overall Image Appeal: 9/10
Dean's Personal Taste: 4/5
Total: 45/50

I love the twins – just sayin The image was a good one and the story was also good. The confrontation in the bathroom, however, made me think of the three “comets” as the mean girls, not Nova. Yes, Nova was tougher and a little violent, but the other girls deserved it really. I think I see Nova as a ****** instead of a mean girl, but I’m sure you’ll make her personality more obvious later on. Good start to the competition.


Personality: 5/5
Story Creativity: 9/10
Story Cohesion: 10/10
Image/Story Cohesion: 10/10
Overall Image Appeal: 10/10
Dean's Personal Taste: 5/5
Total: 49/50
I loved your story Vid, it was like a scene from a movie. You definitely showed off that mean girl personality. I loved your styling, set, extras and poses as well, no complaints here. Nice work! 


I'm really happy with end result of this picture, but it wasn't easy. Dressing and making each alien extra was a pain in itself, but the getting the lighting and quality turned out to be the biggest headache.

I build the setting first. Some of the stuff is from the Future Shock set in the store and some of the stuff is from ITF. I had originally planned to do a hallway setting, but someone did that and I didn't want it to do something too similar since hers had somewhat of a fight/bully situation in it too. Changing the location just seem logical and well I had this setting as a backup in my head. It was really fun to build and design. It didn't take long either. Left me ample time to pull my hair out over CAS and the extras. lol It was also a good excuse not to have as many extras as I planned. :)

Once I got styling out the way, it all came together nicely. I found poses that were close to my idea and I only had to set them up in the correct places. The 1st attempt had a different door in the back and Nova (my model) was slightly angled differently. That picture turned out terrible. I didn't like how she was angled. It made it seem like she was aware of the camera and that's not really a good thing in a story comp. The door was ok in design, but it glowed under the lighting and was way too noticeable. I just went in-game and did it over. I couldn't bring myself to turn that in. I'm glad I made that decision. 3rd! Woooo!

The story was rushed, but it's what I wanted for the most part. Mean girl vs. Mean girl. If I figure out what to do for the next assignment, it should work nicely with my story. The next assignment is to show a classroom incident. I got extra credit/bonus points from random selection, so I want to do something really creative. Hopefully I think of something soon. >_<

P.S. This is what I randomly got:
Extra Credit Prize Earned: I placed the prizes into a random generator and the person above received the following extra credit prize to be used with the current assignment: 
AUTOMATIC MAX SCORE FROM ONE OF THE JUDGES
**I will score as normal so that you can see where you need improvement, but your score will be automatically 50/50 from me**

So I get perfect scores from Beech and I only have to worry about the other judge. xD It gives me room to do something insane. I really hope I'm able to think of something exciting. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative