Saturday, January 23, 2016

Dark Shadowz Cycle 10- A4 Scores

4th Vid & Ethan Mont
ASSIGNMENT 4: HARLEQUIN
Blah not happy with this. 


80 points
Beech
Photo Quality: 8/10
Photo Presentation: 8/10
Creativity of Photo: 8/10
Creativity of Story: 12/15
Relation to Assignment: 5/5
Total: 41/50
I think the whole premise of this story is perfect – him not knowing that he’s in fact the killer – but I think the ending was a little silly. It seemed rushed and kind of pulled out of nowhere. I would have loved some hints that he was the jester before he actually flat out said he was. The photo is nicely lit and nicely done, but I have to admit that the size of that bathroom was HUGE. Overall, very nice job this round.

Taylor
Photo Quality: 8/10
Photo Presentation: 7/10
Creativity of Photo: 7/10
Creativity of Story: 12/15
Relation to Assignment: 5/5
Total: 39/50
I think your story and the concept was good, but I feel like your picture just fell a bit flat for me. I do think you pulled it out of your story nicely, but I don’t find it to be realistic enough (like the bathroom size and the editing of the blood and effects.) Nothing really fit in for me. Overall, I think nice job, just wish the picture was a bit more spookier!


I had a really cool idea, but then I lost it and came up with this last minute. I made the pose myself, so I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to pull off a good pic or story with it. I can't even remember what my original story was and this idea was a last ditch effort to finish, so I'll just cut this short right here. It's not horrible, but it's hard to talk about something you just made on the fly. xD

TBH I think losing the whole continuous story format is throwing me off. Feeling very uninspired, but it's almost over. Just need to hang in there.

B/w the next is do skeleton theme story and pic. I got sorta of an idea, but ughhhh I'm not looking forward to it. I hate to mess up again.

Anyway, here's A4 in it's entirety.....

ASSIGNMENT 4: HARLEQUIN
I wandered the streets lost in a thought. Lost in my troubles. Out of my mind. I was afraid of myself. My friends weren't safe being around me. No one was safe as long as I was a beacon for all things dangerous and unnatural. I walked for what seemed like ages till my feet were hurting. Maybe bleeding. I stopped in front of a bench and a worn out phone booth. I started to call him. I started to let him know I wasn't mad and everything would be ok, but something inside me said "no". It was better this way.

Then I sat down and my eyes went to a newspaper laying beside me. The headline caught my eye. It said: "Mental patient escapes. Killer jester on the run." I laughed nervously thinking things couldn't get any worse, but something about the headline gave me shivers down my spine. Then I heard a voice. A woman's voice. I stared up at her immediately. She smiled and cooed in my ear.

Before I knew it we walking together and talking. Then we were in a hotel room together. A very dirty run down one. I watched her undress. I had never been with such a woman before. She offer me a good time for a price and I accepted without thinking. I don't know what I was thinking to be honest with you, but a good time sounded nice considering everything.

She promised me she would return once she touched up her makeup and put on something nicer in the bathroom, but I followed her. She seemed startled by my sudden appearance. I watched her apply lip stick as she suggested I get comfortable again in the bedroom, but I ignored her request.

"Have you heard about the escaped mental patient?" I asked nonchalantly.

She hesitated, but answered yes. "So what if I was this killer?" I asked. It was like the words weren't mine as I spoke. She winced staring in the mirror at my reflection. I smiled as I looked at her makeup kit. Before I knew it I was staring at my reflection in the mirror. Staring at my work. Blood on my hands. I laughed. I was losing my mind alright. I was the jester.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative