Friday, November 16, 2018

Vet Tech Studying and Ear infections. RL currently.

Do you know how to pronounce pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis? I do. I just learned how to. It's a disease caused by breathing in volcanic dust. It's one of the longest words recorded or something like that. It was in my vet tech terminology study guide. I probably will never use it, but they broke it down so I could understand the different parts of the medical terminology I'll be using. This is probably the hardest part so far, but I've made flashcards. Hopefully, it sticks to my brain soon. Hate to alter my exam schedule.

Anywhoo, I'm not here to blather about my studies to you. Just here to update you on everything going on in rl for me. As you can tell I'm really happy and dedicated to my veterinarian technician program. I've only failed one exam so far, but I retook it and got a 95. My exam grades so far range from 100 to the 80s. I haven't cheated or peeked in my textbook. The exams are open book mind you, but it's stupid to rely on that when you really do need to memorize this stuff. Won't have any text when I take my proctor exams that's for sure. I actually enjoy it though. I like ran out of flash cards this evening and I'm actually pretty annoyed I can't finish writing down the terms I need to study. I spend a lot of time studying. Especially around this time when everyone is sleep. xD


I'm a little behind studying unfortunately though, but I'm trying to make up the lost time. I've been sick. Sick with a freaking ear infection. Not once, but twice! The first time was sucky. A clogged ear that wouldn't unclog and gross draining. Meh, that was nothing compared to the 2nd time. The 2nd time was absolutely awful. It started off itching like crazy! Then my ear swelled up and felt like it was being stabbed. That and more gross shit coming out of my ear. I wanted to cry a few times. Went through the weekend like that. Saw a random doctor on the fly (same clinic tho) that Monday and they gave me a new prescription. A prescription my insurance refused to pay for. My grandmother went through changes trying to get them to prescribe me something my insurance would cover. Even the 2nd prescription was rejected. Then the stupid ass doctor stop answering calls about it and I ended up down the emergency room. Weirdly enough, I was in and out down there. They took me right in the back. I explained my situation and they had their own pharmacy find something my insurance would cover. Then they discharged me with the medicine in my hand. Why the f*** couldn't the doctor I went to do that?

Well, I ended up getting raw spots on my ear from the draining because that dumbass made me wait around for her to call. My ear is finally just getting back right. It has some scabs, but it starting to look normal again. I threw away my earbuds (which were old and shitty anyway) and I'm going to rub alcohol on everything my ears touched. I haven't even listened to anything through headphones in weeks. I'll wait 2 more weeks because I refuse to go through that again. Like, kill me if that happens again. I might cut my ear off if it happens again. jk.

Other than that wonderful adventure down I'm forever sick road, I'm trying to get a job or a volunteer role at Roxie's vet. I mentioned I was studying to be a vet tech and they told me to fill out an application. I'm excited. I'll work for free. Be better to get a paycheck, but I'm not choosy. The vet also heard of the program I'm in and said a lot of techs are doing that, so that was nice to hear too. I'm in Penn Foster by the way.

As for other stuff, RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2! I've been playing that non-stop. When I'm not studying, I'm playing that. I love it! I'm on chapter 3 of it so far and I'm taking my time to complete it. Trying to do all the side missions first before the main stuff. I love murdering assholes and racist assholes. Just yesterday I hogtied a racist piece of crap of an ex-slave owner and left his ass on the fire to burn. I rode off laughing so hard. I need to get more creative with my killing. 😈 I also got my badass warhorse named, Banshee. I need to switch to my other horse. I forgot the name of it even. xP

As for sims, I'm trying to finish out the two comps I'm in and then I'm just going focus on my DOA story. See if the first few chapters of Vol 2 get much attention and go from there. I want to spend less time simming and more time doing vet tech stuff, so no more comps and I mean it this time. I'll be leaving eventually anyway.

Now I should at least try to finish out the remainder of my night reading and highlighting. This terminology stuff is going be the death of me. 😵

P.S. Roxie poo is fine. The little adorable turd.


1 comment:

Google Analytics Alternative