Monday, May 15, 2017

Dead On Arrival: Episode 12- What Lurks Below

Warning: Suggestive language referring to rape. Then violence of course. Duh.

Episode 12: What Lurks Below
I saw it’s lights and heard it’s engine. It was set to collide into me, but somehow I escaped. I was laying on the ground when it came to a halt and Vince laid beside me. He had saved me. Yes, he had pushed me out the way, but he laid motionless now.
I instantly feared the worse, but then he sat up groaning. “That was close. You alright?” he said breathing heavily.
I didn’t know rather to hit him or punch him. I was confused. Just minutes ago he was plotting with Mark to steal from me. Had I heard wrong? Maybe, but there was no time for that. No time at all. Walkers. About a dozen of them were making their way onto my property and the car that almost hit us drew more. It’s horn blaring. It’s bright lights shining. Both could bring walkers by the droves if not dealt with.

“Audrey, I just want to say that what you heard…,” Vince started.

“Shut it. Where’s Mark?” I asked impatiently. I looked around and found Mark a few feet away checking out the car. “We need to clean this mess up. The walkers and the car. See if the driver is alive.”

“But…wait. Where are you going?” Vince yelled as I began walking towards the shed. I looked back briefly and retorted back, “I’ll deal with you and him later if you’re still here. I need to protect the bunker. I need to protect my uncle’s legacy.”

I didn’t bother to stay for a response. I ran back wasting no time and climbed down to see the place under siege. Two men dressed in black crowded around the shelves of can goods while a drunk David remained hostage in the corner thanks to cuffs I found in his back pocket.

The men seem too enthralled with their stolen goods though to be bothered with David or me, but I made my present known. “So which one of you want to die first?” I said brandishing my blade.

The men both looked over at me and then at each other. One of them came forward with an eye patch over his eye.

“Remember me? Small world isn’t it?” he laughed.


“Oh yeah, you’re the dickhead who’s face I fucked up. How convenient! Now I can put you in the fucking grave I promised you.”

He cocked his gun. “In your dreams princess!”

The bullet glided pass me and I jumped out the way. My ears ranging from the sheer volume of it as it echoed off the walls. I jumped up feeling disoriented, but I quickly recovered and rushed forward catching him off guard. My blade swung without fear and I made contact slicing into his arm. He dropped the gun screaming in pain, but he lunged forward tackling me to the floor.

My katana flew across the room. We struggled, but my adversary proved to be a stronger opponent. He pinned me down and wrapped his hands around my throat strangling me.
“Bitch. Why don’t you just die!” he roared as hatred filled his eyes.

I began to lose strength as my airways constricted. Then he released me looking down at me coldly. I turned over eyeing my katana near David, but he put his foot on me almost warning me not to move.

“David?” I whispered.

“That fucker can’t help you. No one can,” my captor laughed. “If only you had just been a good girl and let me bunk with you. Let me have some of your glorious food.”

I gazed up at him. His face was twisted in an evil grin. He began unfastening his pants and looking down hungrily. I stared at David hoping he had heard me. Hoping he was willing to help, but he remained still. Only his eyelids flickered.
Roy’s boy came closer standing above me. “Now you’re going lose it all. You’re going regret hurting me… but it’s OK. You’re going be hurting soon girl. It’s been awhile since I got laid.”

I turned over staring at him. It was probably the first time in this new world I felt vulnerable. I felt powerless. Not even Mark’s knife against my throat could evoke these feelings. I was afraid. I was ready to plead for my life. For my dignity. Then something slid across the floor towards me. My katana. I looked up at David who lifted his head slightly and winked.

I was sure he saw it or least heard it, but something had caught his eye. His henchman. I had forgotten about him. He had grown quiet during the struggle. He was supposed to be finishing the job while the asshole finished me off, but the guy was slumped over in the corner now. Blood slowing pouring from a bullet hole in his abdomen. A stray bullet must have killed him, but he was waking up now. Neither alive or quite dead. Rasping and groaning like one of the zombz with no evidence of a bite.
There was no mourning for him though. No remorse. His accomplice seemed unfazed by his death or what he had become. Instead, he turned his attention back to me.

I remained silent laying flat on my stomach. My sword hidden under my body. “You know you don’t have to do this. You can walk away now. Save yourself,” I said cutting my eye up at him.

He laughed grabbing my arm forcefully, “You scared? No need to play the damsel now, princess. You’re going be the one needing saving.”

He leaned forward grabbing my waist and licked his lips. I shuttered, but I grabbed my katana. Gripped in my hands tightly as I could. Then with one swift movement, I turned over and slashed across the face. His screams were blood-curdling. Blood pour from his face.
I watched him thrash about as the room suddenly began to fill up with smoke billowing from the trap door. I looked over at David. He was wide awake now and focused on the smoke.

“Something’s on fire I think. Hurry. Uncuff me,” he pleaded.

I pulled the key out my pocket and I unlocked his handcuffs giving him a grateful smile. He seemed hurried. Almost scared. He leaped up immediately pushing me out the way and grabbed the thieves’ bag of food. He took one look at me shaking his head and practically flew up the ladder leaving me.
“Wait!” I screamed, but it was no use. He was gone.

I looked over at the bloody scene I left behind. The boy was still alive curled up on the floor sobbing. From the looks of it, I had blinded him. The zombie crawled over to him and was only inches away from biting him when he sensed me nearby. He rushed forward grabbing me by the leg.
“Please kill me. Kill me, please. I…I’m sorry. Don’t let me die this way. Don’t leave me this way. Please,” he cried.

Decision: Kill him or leave him with the zombie/walker?

Vote at >>pollmaker! All votes are anonymous at less you comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative