Friday, September 9, 2016

Dead On Arrival: Episode 3 (Part 2 of 2)

Episode 3: What lurks in the dark (Part 2 of 2)
He came towards me. Gun in hand. His face hidden behind a scarf. I took a deep breath. My hand resting on the grip of my sword. Sweat resting on my brow. Running wasn’t an option anymore. If I ran, he would surely follow and then what? The bunker, the food, and everything keeping me alive would be gone. I couldn’t risk losing that. I had to confront him. Only cowards would run.


So without thinking I found myself face to face with him. The tip of my sword pressed against his stomach. He jumped back with a shocked expression etched on his face. He looked down feeling his torso, but he was unscathed.
“Holy shit. Where you get something like that?” he said eyeing my blade. I remained silent watching him. His hand still on the trigger of his riffle. He took down his scarf surveying me. “What’s with the blood? It it yours?”

“No.” I said narrowing my eyes at him. He was much younger than I expected, but he was hardly innocent as he looked.

He gave me a sheepish grin eyeing me up and down. “Then who’s?“

"None of your business.” I coldly shot back. “Just be glad it isn’t yours. Why were you following me?”

“I thought I saw a damsel in distress,” he said coyly moving closer.
Well I’m no damsel or princess, so you can politely fuck off!“

"Wow you got a mouth on you, don’t you?” he said pointing the riffle at me. “Put that sword down…..princess. Let’s be friends."

I had no choice, but to put the sword down. A bullet was faster than a strike from my sword. I laid it at my side gently and put my hands up. "If I just could find an opening I could reach it,” I thought as the asshole in front of me rambled on.
“Good girl. Good…..now let’s see here.” He slid his hands up and down my side. “Feeling for weapons. You out here by yourself? I have a camp not too far from here. My old man is in charge.” He paused looking up into my face.

“I’m far from alone if that’s what you’re asking and if you don’t get your hands off of me, you’re going be in a world of hurt soon.” I snarled as his hand touched my thigh.


He laughed. “So where you staying then? Where’s your group? It might rain tonight, so I may have to bunk with you guys. Is your bunk comfortable?” He said slyly winking.

“In your dreams pretty boy. The only place your sleeping in is in a fucking grave!"

"You didn’t answer my question. Where you staying?"

Fuck you! I’m not telling you shit.”

Then I saw my opening. A zombie hobbling towards us. It groans alerted my captor. He turned his head to look at it and I picked up my sword. 
He turned around realizing his mistake, but it was too late. My blade slashed across his face. He cried in agony cursing.

“You got a mouth on you don’t you princess?” I mockingly yelled backing away as he clutch the side of his face.
“I’m going to kill you! You stupid bitch!” he screamed as my feet carried me threw the forest. I didn’t look back to see if he had gotten up or if the zomb had made his way to him. I just looked forward as cold droplets began to hit my face. I was in danger now. Not only did I make a new enemy tonight, but the blood was washing off exposing me to the dead.
I ducked and dodged through a small group waiting in the path. Only when necessary did I slice and cut through them. When I finally made it home safely to the shed I collapsed shivering. Was he able to follow me? No. I had wounded him and a zomb was on his back. I had stopped him for now, but for how long?

No poll this week and all polls are closed. Vince is coming back in the next chapter and I plan on releasing a summary of the alternative paths that weren’t chosen this week coming. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative