Saturday, September 12, 2015

Faery Fae- Cycle 3- A1 Scores

This is the one comp that I'm in. It's hosted by Beech. We a number of choices of the type of fairy we could do, but I chose to do a Redcap fairy. It's kind of like a vampire fairy, but they dip their hats (I'm doing hair) in blood to keep themselves alive and they guard their broken down castles from stragglers. 

Vid & Nora
6th Place/Tie-54.5 points
ASSIGNMENT 1: FAERY FAE
This actually became harder than I planned, but it turned out to look something like my vision.

Beech

Picture Creativity: 10/10
Quality: 9/10
Creature Influence: 9.5/10
Total: 28.5/30
This is great, Vid! I love the look of your models and I love the whole storyline you came up with. You are mastering the lore behind the Redcaps perfectly and I love it! Your photos are going to be fun. The lighting of this is pretty perfect for the situation. I love that yours is all in game as well – VERY cool! I can’t wait to see more of the lovely Nora.

TAYTAY
Creativity: 9/10
Quality: 8/10
Creature Influence: 9/10
Total: 26/30
I like how this was ingame! Definitely something tough to do, and you pulled it off! The quality really isn’t that bad, and I like the set. I like the red here too, it really sticks out, in a good way! Your backstory was really capturing! I think you could have gotten away with a cropped version of the background, as there is a lot of space, but overall, nice job!


I'm going keep this short. I'm going try to anyway....

I had a much larger setting and completely different styling, but I chose to tone things down after taking a few failed photos. I sometimes overdo it, but I'm learning.

I end up taking the photo in front of the door of my half build castle. Then I dressed her in something more simple, but much sexier than my previous outfit. I wanted the overall theme to be sexy and mysterious. I did want the outfit to be more steampunkish, but simple and sexy worked better for this.

As for editing, most of it is in-game and the rest behind the rubble is a stock forest background with a shadow added in. I also fixed the lighting, because it was super bright and crappy.

That's about it. Here's the entry with the description...

I am bound to this castle. Guarding ruins and lost souls in the name of my father. It is not common to see a maiden like myself watching at it's doors as I am nothing more than a breeder to my kind. I breed and I die. A vicious cycle, but that is was what was expected of me. I chose to follow in my father's footsteps instead. I defied the rules. I defied the odds. I will protect this castle as it is my statuary and I will protect these lands as it is my playground. I am the sole guardian of it all. I hear their footsteps. The lights of their lanterns penetrate these cold stones I call home. They intrude on me. They wander right into my lair looking for warmth. Looking for shelter, but all they will know is the cold grip of death. I need what thrives in their veins. Their blood. I soak it up as a flower soaks up the sweet droplets of a summer rain, but I need more and more will come. I hear them now. I see their shadows through the darkness. Just one more droplet. Just one more fool to make a corpse to fend off this pain and rejuvenate my tender scalp. I am no fairy of light like you see in fairytales. I am death. I do not guide them to salvation. I guide them to their graves.

The next assignment was to show her family tree or your own interpretation of one. I did kind of family portrait. A very creepy one. I can't blame it on my new meds, so I guess I'm just disturbed. lol Let's just say both her parents are dead and I had to do something! You'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative