Friday, June 5, 2020

The Sim Community. Let Us Not Forget. Let's hold racist simmers accountable. (My Final Post On This)

This was not planned, but recent real-world events have me exploring my feelings as a black simmer and contributor to the community.

About 4 years ago I got in a war of words with a very popular sim/gossip blog called The Mares Nest. It was over a person who I called a friend and another person who I believe to be a trouble maker. We disagreed on the manner, but it somehow evolved into a war of words over Black Lives Matter. This led them to post this:

Do they still feel this way? I wonder. Anyway, a dearly departed friend asked me to stop replying and I did. Part of me regrets doing that. Part of me has felt dismayed ever since. But I also noticed the deafening silence from some people. I noticed some people still have this blog featured on their blog rolls. Even after they said I deserved a punch in the mouth.



I fought for unfairness in this community. I've ran my mouth and got banned for some of you. I've been your friend. Sometimes even your escape from the troubles of the world. I've done things I haven't been proud of either.

What I'm asking is where were you? Why wasn't this a big deal? Why do you support sim blogs like The Mare Nest? After what they said. Why? Do you just not care? Yes, it's mostly sim related and can be an interesting read, but why support them when they are clearly racist? When they clearly don't respect people like me? An African American. I hear they are not as popular, but still. I knew them for several years and backed them. Don't you think my disgust of them holds some weight? And I don't take calling people racist lightly. It pained me. It hurt me.

Now I probably sound like a hypocrite after what happened to Kelly and how she begged me not to support them those thousand years ago. Same with AE. Well, I'm not going to ask you to. You have every right to follow them. Just know if I stop following you or supporting your blog on that list over there, don't be surprised. I'm tired of being linked to blogs that are linked to them. It feels like a slap to my face no matter how many years go by. Especially now. And I'm not talking about the inactive ones either.

So continue to be silent. I can silently unfollow you.

And if they want to apologize or take back what they said in the light of recent events, I welcome it. If they or anyone want to have an adult conversation, I welcome it. But let's stop sweeping things under the rug. Let's hold simmers accountable for racism. There are others out there I'm sure.

And to end this. I will apologize to those I've hurt and ruined in the name of them. I'm probably too late, but I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. There was no excuse for some of my behavior. I wasn't always wrong, but I accept that I wasn't always right either.

Now back to our regular programming.

P.S. If they remain defiant or post something awful about me to deflect, they can take a big F** you. Some of you may be scared of them, but I'm not. No one scares me. I post what I want. And if you don't like this post, GTFO!

2 comments:

  1. You're awesome for having the guts to keep standing up. Don't let anyone silence you! Black Lives Matter and we have to actively send that message everywhere and anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks and yeah I've never been good at keeping my mouth shut. Especially on this blog. xD Don't want to get too political, but sometimes it's necessary. Especially when human rights and decency are involved imo.

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative