Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Black Lives Matter. Why? Let me explain. Plz hear me out.

I don't like talking about politics on this blog or simblr too much, but being that I am a black woman, an African woman, I'll speak on it.



Black Lives Matter. Every single life matters, but African Americans haven't felt like their lives have mattered as much as others. Especially when police are getting away with our murders. A black man should not die over a counterfeit 20 dollar bill. I don't care what he did in his past. He should not be dead. A cop who has a history of brutality shouldn't have been on the force in the first place. He had several complaints against him. Why wasn't he fired? Why did he kneel on black man's neck for 9 minutes over a 20 dollar bill?

Does this make you feel uncomfortable? Well, I'm sorry. Looking away is the reason why we're in this mess. I'm tired of it too. I'm tired of being label as a criminal. I'm tired of being followed around in stores because the store thinks I'm going to steal something. I'm tired of being stared at when I enter a mostly white crowd or business. I'm tired of worrying about my dad being pulled over again and being searched while half the force stands by watching. I'm tired of wondering in the corner of my mind if the color of my skin is a factor when looking for employment. I'm tired of talking about it. I don't find pleasure in pointing out racism, but I'm tired of experiencing it too.

So before you scream "All Lives Matter", take a look in the mirror and say to yourself is this helping? Say I cut myself badly. I need medical attention. Would you tell me all lives matter and proceed to bandage your arm and your friend's arms too? No, because I'm the one bleeding. I'm the one in pain. Your life isn't in danger. You're not the one who's community is hurting. So please stop saying All Lives Matter. Not everyone thinks that way and this is why we say that Black Lives Matter. For those who have forgotten. For those who won't listen. For those that don't feel that way. For those that still think we're less than human.

So what about the looting and vandalism you say? That's not real protestors. That's opportunists. Some are even rumored to be there just to start trouble. So don't lump real protestors with the criminals. Don't blame them for the faults of others. Focus on the real problem. Focus on why this is happening in the first place.

Sadly, our President hasn't brought calm or sanity to this situation either. He has fanned the flames. He has empowered those who want us to be silent or snuffed out. Just the other day he claimed to be an ally of peaceful protesters and then he tear-gassed them, so he can walk over to a church for a photo op with a bible. Then he threatened to unleash the army on us. How is this helping? Well, I can tell you he doesn't care about you. He doesn't care about blacks. He doesn't care about America. He doesn't care about anyone except his rich white friends, votes, and himself. So please go vote. Vote him out if you care about me and minorities. Hell, just vote him out because he's a giant ass. Just vote.

As for police brutality, it's ironic that it continues even doing the protest. Two black college students were tased and dragged out of their car the other day as they were trying to go home for the curfew. Their tires were even slashed. So as the charges come out for the officers who started all this, don't slip back into comfort thinking everything will be ok. We got a lot of work to do.

As for Corona, that is another worry. I hope to God those out there protesting don't come down with it. It's sad that they put their safety aside for justice. I wish it was another way.

And in all honesty, I feel like a certain blog owes me an apology. I'll probably won't get it though. They're probably still calling BLM a terrorist group. Oh, well. I hope this changes somebody's mind at least.

So I'll end this with some names and my thanks.

George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, Ahmaud, Arbery.

Thank you to those fighting for us. Thank you for reading this. Stay safe and stay focused.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. You're brave and I hope the world is gonna change soon. It may not be much, but I'll stand by your side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you. <3 Yeah, we might not see a huge change right away, but I have hope this will result in the change we so desperately need. Hopefully, it happens in our lifetime so we can see it together. :D

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative