Sunday, March 24, 2019

Dead On Arrival~ Season 2- Episode 7: We Did This (Part 2)

Episode 7: We Did This (Part 2)
Tears welling up in my eyes. I was supposed to protect her. I suppose to bring her back to her dad in one piece. Now she was unconscious in my arms. All because of this woman.

“What’s your name? My name’s Madison.” the short-haired woman said quietly bending down beside me. “Please let me help you.”

She began rubbing my back and I raised my hand feeling a rush of anger. I stopped short from hitting her. She flinched, but she remained stooped down beside me. Matthew rushed over immediately pointing his knife at me upon seeing this.

“No. Put that away,” she said waving him away. She turned back to me looking solemn. “I probably deserve that. You can if you want.”

I frowned. “No. Never hit a woman. Not going to start now. No matter how angry I am.”

“Well… what I was saying was we have a doctor. A real actual doctor. He can help. We can take you to him.”

“No! No way we taking him anywhere,” Matthew fumed. “He just held Nate, hostage!”

“And I just gave his friend a concussion. Maybe brain damage. I think we’re even!”

“I’m not going anywhere,” I grumbled.

Matthew smirked. “Thank you…wait. What?”

“I’m not going anywhere with any of you. How do I know you won’t jump me when I get there. You could ambush me or some shit!” I said shaking my head. “No. I know what people are capable of. I can take care of her myself.”

“She hit her head pretty hard. I don’t know if that’s wise,” Madison fretted.

“She hurt her head, because of you!”

“Which is why I want to help…”

“I told you. I’m not going anywhere with you!”

“Um…,” Nathan piped up raising his hand as if in class as he leaned on the car next to his brother. We all turned our attention to him. “We…uh… we could always bring Aaron here.”
Matthew scoffed. “Have you two truly lost your minds? I’m not risking anyone life for him. Not even Aaron’s. Not for the same guy who held you hostage and threatened us just minutes ago!”

“Well, we invaded his home, Matt.”

“It’s a gas station!”

“So. It’s still considered a home. I mean you can’t be ok with this? With leaving this poor girl like this? I’m not,” his brother countered.

“No, but…”
“Imagine if that was Madison laying there and this man, Vince was in our place. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot. Imagine if that was our sister. Wouldn’t you want someone to help?”

“Don’t mention, Rachael. That’s not fair!”

“Not doing anything isn’t fair! You can stay here and bitch if you like, I’m going to get, Aaron,” Nathan said grabbing his bookbag. “Madison, you coming?”

“Nope. Staying here,” she replied.

“No. No. No. This is nuts!”

“Frankly, I think you all nuts and I ani’t agree to shit,” I snarled. “But…”

Madison gasped. “But she needs medical attention!”

“I heard you the first time! Let me finish. Jesus!” I mumbled. “As I was saying if it’s for Audrey well-being and if you’re crazy enough to actually do that then so be it I guess.”

“Than it settled. I’m staying and these two will get, Aaron.”

“No. You’re not. You’re not staying here with him and you’re not going anywhere alone! I won’t allow it”, Matthew raged on.

“Matthew Parker. I’m not a child. I can handle myself. I was doing just fine before you!” Madison retorted. “This my responsibility. I’m staying.”

Nathan rolled his eyes. “And who the hell die and make you boss? Last time I checked you’re not my dad. Now you coming or what?”

Matthew looked as if he was about to explode. He stood like a statue planted between his brother and us. Then he abruptly stormed over to me and Madison. His face, red and angry. I stood up as I could feel his intense stare directed at me and I faced him with the same intensity.

“You better not hurt her! You hear me! You better not lay a finger on her or I swear” he threatened putting his finger directly in my face.

I chuckled. “Hurt her? I’m going hurt you if you don’t get your goddamn finger out my face!”

Madison rose to her feet and huffed. “Could you two kill each other later.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative