Saturday, March 23, 2019

Dead On Arrival~ Season 2- Episode 7: We Did This (Part 1)

Episode 7: We Did This (Part 1)
Back outside…

“If you come near me I’ll kill him! You hear me? The next shot going be in his skull!”

“Let him go. Just let him go, please,” I said as my breath caught in my throat.
I was certain this was a dangerous individual that we were dealing with now. We didn’t know who “Audrey” was, but he had set his sights on Madison after uttering her name. He took my gun and grabbed my brother basically kidnapping him. Stormed out of the rest stop with it aimed at his head. The bastard! I was certain he had no plans of sparing me or my brother in the hostage situation we found ourselves in now. I would have to disarm him somehow or worse, kill him.

I stood back trying to calculate the best course of action. Could I overpower him somehow? Maybe catch him off guard and use my knife? No, too much of a risk. He had already shot off two warning shots when I tried getting closer. No, I would have to think of something else. Keep him occupied while waiting for Madison. Hopefully, this Audrey person this guy was so worried about hadn’t hurt her. I assumed from the reaction of this madman they had to be in the bathroom… together. *gulp*

“Now don’t move! Don’t move. I’m just going check on my friend and your brother is going come along for the ride. Stay put and he won’t get hurt.”

“This is really unnecessary,” Nathan practically squealed glancing at the gun and back at me.

“Look. Just let him go. I’ll go get Madison and we’ll leave. No harm done!” I pleaded still trying to think of a plan.

Vince scoffed, “Like I can trust you…”

“Hold it!”

We both looked up startled. There was Madison pointing her gun at Vince. Boy, it was a fucking relief and sight to see. She smiled her usual cocky smile, but something seemed amiss with her. Something was off. She continued, “Hi. Am I interrupting something?”
“Where’s Audrey?!” the Vincent nut roared. “I know she was in there. Where is she?”

She exhaled leaning over. “There was an accident.”

“What?” he fumed aiming the gun at her now with his arm still wrapped around my brother’s neck. He glared back at her looking up and down. His eyes settling on her hand just as mines did. She was hurt. His eyes widen and he looked furious. “What did you do to her?!”

“Nothing. Not on purpose.”

He let my brother go and pushed him towards me. Then he stormed over to her aiming the gun at her face. She lowered hers to my shock and began pleading with him. “It was an accident I swear.”

“Accident? Accident? She better be ok or my finger pulling the trigger is going be an accident, lady!”

“Look, I don’t blame you for being angry, but please let me explain.”

“Explain?!”

Now was my chance. As they talked, I grabbed my knife from my pocket and snuck behind Vince. He was inches away from Madison now waving the gun in her face. As I raised the blade over his head ready to strike, the restroom door opened. We all froze and Madison turned around gasping. A small African American woman came stumbling out. She held up a long sword in one hand and stared at Madison.

“You…you…I wasn’t finished with you. Come back here!” she mumbled swaying back and forth.

“Audrey?” her friend cried lowering his weapon now.

She looked over at him and a goofy smile spread across her face. Then she fell forward faceplanting into the dirt. He rushed forward practically pushing Madison out the way. He picked her up and held her in his arms looking distraught. He touched the back of her head and stared down at fresh blood on his hand. He looked suddenly pale and afraid.
“I’m sorry. We tussled when we heard gunshots and she bumped her head when I try to get her off of me. I didn’t mean for what happened to happen.”

“Shut up…”

“I let my emotions get the better of me instead of handling things calmly.”

“SHUT UP!” he roared. Shut up, please. Haven’t you done enough?“

The three of us stood there silently watching. The dangerous psycho from before was on his knees dissolving into mush now cradling the young woman he called, Audrey.
Madison inched closer looking regretful and pained. She slowly put her hand on his back and he flinched slightly.

He sighed, "Take what you need and just go. Leave.”

“No. I…I want to help. It’s my fault.”

“GET OUT OF HERE NOW!”

I shook my head. “Madison. Come on. Let’s go.”

“No!” she said folding her arms. “This is my fault and I’m going make it right.”

“How? Let’s not be stupid,” I whispered grabbing hold her arm. “He’s giving us a chance to go. Let’s take it.”

“She may have a concussion, Matthew!,” she said yanking her arm away shooting me a dirty look. “We have a doctor. We have to have to help. We have to make this right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative