Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Caught on Candid Camera- Mock

*New comp! All the backgrounds have to be in-game and no created poses*

4TH PLACE
Assignment - Mock
Model: Nicole Riley
Mock Scenario summed up by me- Gardening and Smokey the cat is hanging around for food. He's hungry!

Kinda blah, but not bad. Still getting the feel of this comp and well, my cat kept wandering off. 😒



JEN
Wearing a style of outfit that suits the scenario 10/10
Most creative and original candid shot 9/10
Relevant background (this can only be in-game) 9/10
Lighting, Shadow and filters 10/10
Total Points: 36 + 2 for early submission = 38
Comments: I absolutely love the outfit you chose for this scenario, the scarf and apron really adds to this shot so much. Smokey the cat looks on in anticipation for a feed, and sooo cute! I’m glad you chose the angle you did and that you put some plants in pots in the background as it may have looked a tad plain if other plants were not around. I agree with Vana in that a cloned colourful shrub  with more of the red of the tomatoes on the hill in the background could have been added as there is a lot of greenery in the background and that would balance this composition out a tad more. The bright sunny day is ideal for this scenario, Well done.

VANA
Wearing a style of outfit that suits the scenario 10/10
Most creative and original candid shot 8/10
Relevant background (this can only be in-game) 9/10
Lighting, Shadow and filters 9/10
Total: 36/40
Comments: What have you been putting in Smokey's food? He looks derpy in an adorable way LOL I like the angle you used. This wasn't really a need-to-have-angle shot but the angle does kind of make it fun! Clothing is appropriate, shadow and light are good. There's that little hill outside her fence that looks nekkid. I know EA's like "lol you can't edit that terrain" but maybe cloning a bush onto it from the trees might have helped? It just has that lol EA grass and is kinda eye-catching. I love that you put flowers in metal tubs in the background. It makes me want to see what the inside of her house is like!

LISA
Wearing a style of outfit that suits the scenario 10/10
Most creative and original candid shot 8/10
Relevant background (this can only be in-game) 10/10
Lighting, Shadow and filters 10/10
Total Points: 38/40
Comments: The angles of the shot threw me and dead space on the side. The outfit is a cutie.

PEPPER
Wearing a style of outfit that suits the scenario 10/10
Most creative and original candid shot 8/10
Relevant background (this can only be in-game) 10/10
Lighting, Shadow and filters 9/10
TOTAL – 37/40
COMMENTS: Dirt! (I know that’s a weird word to lead off with). I can see the earth and the growth and it looks like a candid garden photo, almost like the ones you would see on a garden magazine so well done. I don’t have much to critique only that it looks a tad bit bright, just a tad, and that I’m not a huge fan of the tilt. However, the clothing choice was great. It’s a good balance between sim and pet, and again I feel like this is as candid as it gets for me. Great job! (also, I hope you plucked that peach in the background!)

TBH, I rushed trying to get the early submission bonus points and forgot to put in all the gardening stuff I downloaded. I almost redid my pic, but the cat was being uncooperative and kept wandering off to play with his cat toys. I also didn't save the garden part of my house. So basically I was like screw it and turned this in.

I shall do something a bit more exciting next assignment. I have to show a sim getting caught in the act stealing. Doesn't have to be Nicole. Going look in my bin and see who looks like they have sticky fingers. 😉 The only thing that's bothering me is the no created poses rule for this comp. How I'm supposed to pull off this scene without poses? I don't know how to live without poses anymore!!! 😭

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative