Monday, October 30, 2017

My hard drive is about to self destruct in 1...2...3...

HD SELF MONITORING SYSTEM has reported that a parameter has exceeded its normal operating range. Dell recommends that you backup your data regularly. A parameter out of range may or may not indicate a potential hard drive problem. Press F2 to continue.

I'm getting that lovely message every time I turn on my dinosaur PC along with other errors when running diagnostics on it. I posted about it on tumblr, but I'm just posting this here just in case you missed it. I can get past this message via Esc right now and everything works ok then, but it was extremely slow to boot up today. So much so I thought it died.

I do still have my smart phone (which needs a battery) if it does stop working. I'm still very limited with just the smartphone tho, so I really hope I can get a new PC before this one quits on me.

I have thought about getting it fixed, but it's 8 years old if not older. It would be a waste of time and my father refuses. He's like "will you please just wait and get a new one." lol He's the same way with my phone, but I'm choosing a new pc over a new phone right now.

The PC I'm looking at is about $840. It's a dell like the one I'm using. Called XPS, but not the $1000 one. I don't have many games other than sims, so I don't need anything too fancy. Just something that equals the specs of this, but maybe a little better.

I'm going see if I can actually work on DOA while things are working. I did manage to make a new banner for this blog *points at top*. I'm not crazy about the pose I used for it. I just wanted something up while I could still run sims, so you may see something different later down the road.

It times like this I need a job badly tho. I quit Mcdonald after one awful day with awful people. Haven't had any luck since. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Everything in the city retail wise is closing up. Malls are even dying. Going to start to look like a ghost town if they keep it up. A ghost town full of jobless people. Just what this city needs. I see why people to resort to crime. 😐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative