Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hope I didn't hit a nerve....

I just want to say that I won't be talking about political issues anymore on this blog at less it effects me personally. I don't want to run people away or make people feel anymore uncomfortable than I have these past few days or maybe months considering my beef with a certain someone.

Anyway, I know there is still good in this world. Not everyone is racist or ignorant, or misogynist. Rather you're white, black, purple, blue...(well maybe not the last two) you're welcome here. :) 

I'm just very disappointed in my country. I've remain blissfully ignorant to racism, sexism, bigotry, and all sorts of horrible things. My family has always tried to tell me these things still exist, but I wanted to believe they didn't. Not in a huge way anyway. Well my eyes are open now and it's just sad to me. Our choice in election is like a slap to my face as an African American and a women. It's almost like people are saying it's ok to be racist, sexist, homophobic, and a bully to minorities. It's a step backward into past.

I hope to God and whatever belief you may believe in that America will be unify and change their mindset. This is 2016 and I shouldn't be worried about these things. No one should be. 

No matter if you disagree with me or not, I hope you understand my feelings and get something out of this. America is not unify and will never be till we see each other as equals.

P.S. I'll probably still rant on my tumblr as tumblr is so fast moving and fitting for that, but I won't go overboard. Promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative