Friday, January 8, 2021

Storming the Capitol: Let's not sugar coat it. Rant time!

Take from my tumblr:  

" I'm pretty exhausted from a long day. I also just got my internet back. Anyway, seeing all the white Trump supporters get in the Capitol with not much resistance from police is fucking disgusting while BLM had national guard on their asses in mins. These bitches taking selfies with police and getting a fucking welcoming mat in a government building illegally while people in BLM losing their eyes from rubber bullets for just asking for justice. It's white privilege to the max. I'm not going sugar coat it. Unfollow me if you want. This is vile. This country is gross. President 45 is scum and should be put in prison for inciting it. All of them are traitors. Then assholes want to compare it to the looting and rioting that happened with BLM but there's no comparison. Looting a Target and burning a police station is nothing compared to trying to overthrow the whole fucking government!!! They risk lives and our national security. None of them came in peace. They wanted violence! Smh. I don't even know what to say anymore. Just fucking disgusting. The double standards and blind loyalty to a wannabe dictator reality star. Can we get any lower? I give up on this country. What a travesty."


 I felt like this was a good post on my feelings on the whole thing. I was tired as hell, but I wrote something coherent at least. I'm going to touch on a few topics in regards to this in more detail. I'm going to discuss race, BLM, white supremacist, Trump, his supporters, and the topic of impeachment.  Read it if you want. Unfollow me if you want. As an educated black woman witnessing the world around them going up in flames (the US. specifically), I feel like I have a lot to say. Let's go...

Bullets points, because I'm serious!!! *puts serious face on*

  • Storming the Capitol vs. BLM protest
First off, the BLM protest last year involved riots, looting, and the burning of buildings. It started off peaceful but soured. I don't condone violence and destruction in any way. I did think it was sort of funny that the police station got burned down, but by that time I was tired of it all and just threw my hands up. I know I'm terrible. Still, the police were getting away with murder time after time and I frankly did not feel sorry for them. Police stations can be rebuild anyway. It was also pointed out that outside agitators and people posing as BLM were the perpetrators of most of the crimes that went down. Lots of people took advantage of that situation as I've stated before. No matter, it's not like BLM got away with it unscathed anyway. Innocent people not even creating the violence were beaten, tear-gassed, and were disfigured by rubber bullets. When they did peacefully protest in Washinton, they were met by tons of tear gas, police on horses, and police in riot gear. 


This is from the Lincoln Memorial last year during BLM protest

Now this fast forward to the Storming of the Capitol. Notice the difference in police presence and no riot gear. 
Why? I'll get to that.

But Trump supporters got into a government building illegally, trashed the place, and stole from it. That includes laptops and letters with possible classified information. Now let's see I think looting a Target and storming a government building to overthrow an election aka the government are two entirely different things!!!!! For fuck sakes!!!! This is beyond anything I have ever seen before! Who the fuck does this?! Do not compare this to any protest that happened last year. This is crossing the line. This is leaping over the line and some. This was a travesty! Do I think it was terrorism? Sort of. I think all of them are traitors personally. They risk lives and risk national security. A real terrorist could have slipped in with this crowd and committed suicide bombing if they wanted to. This is absolutely dangerous and nothing compared to the BLM protest. No "what ifs" or "buts" in this situation. You can't try to justify this. So anybody who still wants to whine about looting and burning down of buildings last year or the attitude of the "left" or snowflakes, sit down now and shut the fuck up! You broke into the fucking capitol building!!!! All because you lost!!!! Hey, Trump supporters. Hey GOP. Your people are fucking nuts!

  • White Privilege exists. This was the ultimate example.
Let's be honest with each other. Why was the police so lax? They knew this was coming and yet they weren't prepared like they were when they thought BLM was going descend on them. Trump traitors broke windows, killed a cop hitting him over the head, and practically trampled some cops, but only one woman was shot during the whole ordeal. I didn't see any rubber bullets. Didn't see much tear gas either. Oh, and where were the police on horses from before? Trump had as much when he did his bible photo op. None here though. Interesting isn't it? If they were mostly black or any other color than white, do you think any of them would be alive or would have escaped to go home to their families? I think that them being Trump supporters had a lot to do with it of course, but I can't help but see the double standards in handling riots/protest. All of them should have been arrested on the spot.

  • "This isn't about race!"
Guys in nazi t-shits with concentration camp names on them were a part of this. Two of Trump's supporters also reenacted George Floyd's death on the steps. So...um...yeah it is a bit.

  • Police are in on it.
Police were seen opening the gates for them to enter. One cop also took a selfie. 😒  They might as well had given them a tour. I'm sure some off-duty cops were amongst the rioters too. I heard 84% of cops voted for Trump. Do correct me if I'm wrong, but things that make you go "hmmmm". As someone said, "why you asking where the cops were? Have you ever seen Hanna Montana and Miley in the same place?" My take: Have you ever seen Bruce Wanye and Batman in the same place?

  • Trump supporters
I can't deal with you if you're one. I honestly don't get the blind loyalty to a rich reality star who has no concept of being poor or even living a normal life outside of a mansion. I don't get it. I also don't get POC Trump supporters. Like why? After everything, he said and done? Why? 

Anyway, Trump lost. The fact these people stormed the capitol because of this and was hoping to change the results shows how insane they are. Did anyone storm the capital when Hillary lost? I don't think so. Yes, some cried and such. We knew what was coming tbh. But no one has ever acted this way over an election except Trump supporters. If Trump had won again, I doubt we would go that far. And if we did I would fully support punishment for it, because it's fucking nuts. It also wouldn't change a damn thing. None of this changed a damn thing. He still lost!

I also find it interesting that white supremacists/nazis are Trump supporters. That should not be normal. Nazis marching down the street with tiki torches when he won wasn't normal either! That still haunts me!

  • Trump and impeachment #2
I doubt it happens, but the guy has been pumping them up since he lost. "Stop the steal!" "Stand by!" All that shit. He is completely at fault. He also told them they were special and that he loved them during his first message when he told them to go home. His denouncement of them was him just reading what they told him, so he can save his ass. I hope he gets impeached, but the GOP are spineless. They created this monster and now they're scared of him. Also, some of the GOP pumped his crowd up too for this Capitol crap. 

But I gotta say Democrats need to grow a pair and stop trying to be nice all the damn time. We got Trump because people were tired of the nice guy act. That on top of racist shit, but dems need to get tougher. Biden needs to get tougher. He doesn't want to further the divide by supporting impeachment. Please. Stop being nice and get that asshole out of office!

To end this...

I know other countries are laughing at us. I'm embarrassed to be an American. If I could just pick up and go, I would. I would move to Canada. This country is rotten to the core. The rich are getting richer. Racism is back at the forefront and will never leave it seems. I don't know if we can heal from 4 years of Trump. He made the pandemic worse by throwing out Obama's playbook. He stoked the racial divide. He let racist latch onto him willingly. He literally created a cult. He's fucked us up and I don't know how we can come back from this. We're going to need more than 4 years or 8 years of a normal president to turn things around that's for sure.

So anyone in a stable minded and racially diverse country willing to adopt my family and my dog, please contact me ....(I'm kidding. lol).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative