Friday, December 11, 2020

The 7 Deadly Sims- Assignment 7/Pride

2ND PLACE 
πŸ’„πŸ‘Έ Assignment 7- Pride/Vanity πŸ‘ΈπŸ’„

I dropped this competition. I'm happy I got 2nd, but I didn't like how my pics were being scored compared to others and it killed my enthusiasm for it. I rather got out on top than get dismal scores for the finale. 


Like I said in my previous post, these pics take too much work to keep getting lackluster scores compare to those who just took simple in-game pics. Now, most of the pics I did for this were in-game, but I still put a lot of work into them. Editing still went into them. Then I made poses and build detailed settings. They weren't simple pics I could just snap in minutes. They took work and time.  I can better put this time and effort towards other sim projects. 

In regards to this pic, I decided to do a big edit outside of the game. Editing a mirror in and doing a reflection is a pain in the ass. It's not perfect, but it's what she sees compare to reality so it didn't have to be perfect. :P I also used vintage pin-up photos and edited her face on them to better show she was an old movie star at one time. She's basically an old starlet still clinging to her youth. She is obsessed with her mirror and possessed by it. Shards of glass from it can't even stop her from being so in love with her reflection. The one she perceives anyway. I got sort of artsy-fartsy with this I guess. lol

As for the finale, it would have had me picking two of the sins and combining them into one photo. I would have probably picked wrath and envy. Did a follow-up to my envy pic with my jealous pageant queen getting revenge and murdering the winner who took her crown. Something like that.

As for comps, I'm taking a break again. Xmas is coming up anyway and DOA needs my attention. ✌

2 comments:

  1. I really liked all of your pics in this comp, but this is my favorite! Concept and execution are 1000/10 - love me some dark Hollywood vintage glam. So many of your modeling pics in general tell an entire story in an image and it's fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're too sweet! Thank you. I'm always worried I'm doing too much or it doesn't convey what my weird mind is thinking, so yeah your comments means a lot. <3 I sort of wished I had stayed in this comp so I could see what place I would get. It was so random placing wise. Oh well. At least I was able to do all seven. That was fun. :)

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative