Friday, December 11, 2020

Dead On Arrival: Episode 30: The Tale of Eddy's (Part 1)

Episode 30: The Tale of Eddy's (Part 1)

She was standing by Lin's door just as I asked her to. Folding her arms looking annoyed as expected. She spotted me immediately and glared daggers at me. I laughed and smirked as I greeted her. "Sup. I'm here."
She scoffed. "Yeah. I see. Took you long enough. I feel like I've been standing here for hours."

"It hasn't been that long."

"Long enough. Where were you?"

"Outside smoking a cigarette and having a look around. I thought I saw something."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Probably nothing. Nathan is out there now anyway. Just heard him and Aaron beefing over Gemma."

"Well, he was just 'beefing' with Lin. Made standing out here awkward as hell."

I scoffed. "Well, that means Lin's in a good mood then. Great. Let's make this quick."

We entered Lin's room and was greeted by the bad-tempered woman staring back at us. She immediately softened her gaze and snorted. "Ah, Vince. You did say you were coming by with Audrey. To talk in the closet?"

"Yeah. I just need to tell her something. Something that can't get out. It'll make sense soon."

"Sure thing, tiger," she winked. "Whatever you say."

"What?"

"Just don't get too loud in there."

"Huh?"

"It's about time you two sourpusses enjoy yourselves. It makes sense you two would want to be all secretive about it."

Audrey furrowed her brow. "Vince, what is she talking about?"

"Lin, get that disgusting idea out of your stupid head. I told you. We're just going to talk about what happened today. Nothing else."

"Oh? What happened? First base?"

"Lin!"

Audrey gasped. "Ewww! She's kidding right?"

"Don't listen to her," I blushed. I grabbed hold of her arm and pushed her towards the closet. "Just...just ignore her alright?!"

I flung open the door and nearly jumped inside from embarrassment. I yanked Audrey in and closed the door. The two of us face to face in the dark in a very cramped space. I felt strangely nervous. I grip the flashlight I was holding and flicked it on. There I was met by a confused Audrey staring back at me. Her face only inches away from mine. I flung my head back instinctively and bumped it loudly on the wall behind me all while dropping the flashlight in the process.


"Are you ok?" she asked sounding half amused and half concerned.

"I'm fine. Let's just get this over with."

I slid down to the floor and she did the same. She then began laughing nervously. "Um...this is weird. Feels like a slumber party almost."

"Yeah. Kind of. I guess so," I shrugged. I picked the flashlight up. "Well, I guess I should start."

She nodded. "Yeah get on with it."

"So...I told you I was getting supplies. Got quite a bit of stuff. A bag load of nonperishables and some medical stuff. Even some coats for when the weather changes."

"Oh, really?"

"I stashed it not too far from here in case everything goes to shit."

"Oh. Where?"

"In a tree. One of those hollow out ones. I marked it and drew up a small map. I have it here if you want it."

"Nah. That's ok."

"Well, I looted stores, houses, and even abandon cars for it. I was doing well. I felt good. A little pain, but nothing too bad. While on the way back here I ran into some trouble out on the road though. Quite a bit. First off, I ran into a group of nasty looking corpses. Those vulture bastards took my machete so I had to work with a kitchen knife and a revolver Matt lent me. Well, I tried not making too much noise so I stuck with the knife. I was handling it, but it ended up being more than I can handle. I end up ditching the fight and running towards a little bar. I kick myself for not seeing it earlier when we were at the gas station, but maybe it's for the best since the place was stacked with alcohol."

She rolled her eyes. "I knew you were drunk earlier."

"Shhhh...let me finish."

"Well, hurry up! It’s stuffy in here and it smells like mothballs."

"As I was saying, I found a bar. Something was blocking the door, but I was able to squeeze in. Just in the nick of time too with those freaks behind me. I looked the place over and it was pretty secure. Looked untouched almost. Well, the door was barricaded and the windows were boarded up but no way near dilapidated or picked over like some places. It was as if frozen in time from before almost. I looked for supplies, but all I found was a bunch of liquor. I sat down at the bar after peeking outside. The corpses were still hanging about, so I figured why not sit down, relax, and make myself a drink. Just a drink."

"Ok. You had a drink. What else?"

"Well, that's when I really ran into trouble. Like real trouble. I sat there for a while just sipping my drink with the bag of supplies by my side. It was quiet. Then I heard the door open behind me. I turned around ready for a fight. Then I saw her....”

“...Jade."

Part 2 and Part 3 on the way.

P.S. My game froze on the zombie chase scene. Was so mad. lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative