Tuesday, June 4, 2019

PORTRAIT- Round 2

1ST PLACE
🖌 😭 Round 2: Make Tears Beautiful 😭🖌
😁😄👍👐 So happpppyyyy!


Comment From Jojo: This is just beautiful Vid. Absolutely spell bound to be honest with you. She doesn’t have her eyes open, but she doesn't need them open. If you can pull off the expression without the eyes open and know how shes feeling I think that’s great. The colour splashes were a great addition to your picture, and the face this it is such a simple pose, simple hair and white background and still pull out this brilliant picture shows exactly what kind of editor you are. I'm pretty sure my comment sums that up for you.

Comment From Mamajanay: I absolutely love this photo with Brittney and all the explosions of colour right down to the matching tears.

This was hard! I've never done anything like this. I downloaded custom brushes for Photoshop to create this effect and experimented with them. This could have been a disaster, but it worked and I did it. 😭 Both background and powder/paint on her is my doing. I make it sound easy but it was all very tedious. The tears are from google images, but I matched them up to match the paint color on her face. Then I redid her eyeshadow and eyelashes because her in-game makeup was looking too subtle. The in-game shot is super plain and bland. I should do a before and after. xD

The overall idea was inspired by the Indian festival of colors. I wanted color splashes, but something different. Then I thought of that festive and decided to use more of a color power effect. I like the contrasting sadness and vibrancy of the powder. Oh, and I made the pose too. I wanted her eyes close to better show off the power effect. I think her face conveys sadness in almost a strong way.

The next round had us editing zippers onto our models' faces. lol We had to do a zipper face with one side looking different from the other. I've never done that either, but I think it turned out looking cool. You'll see.

P.S. The pic is on my tumblr as always if you want a peek. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative