Saturday, February 23, 2019

Dead On Arrival~ Season 2- Episode 6: I’m No Enemy

Episode 6: I’m No Enemy
Meanwhile in the bathroom…

“Come on. I don’t want to hurt you. I just want to talk,” the woman continued. I looked under the door to see her standing at the sink with her back to me now.

“You know you can’t stay in there forever. I’m not going to do anything. I promise.”
I hesitated, staring at the lock. Would she really stand there all day waiting for me? Was she really not going hurt me? And what about Vince? Was he ok? As much I hated to admit it I was afraid. I knew I would have to come out sooner or later. I knew I would have to face her. After several minutes, I worked up the courage and finally unlock the door. Opening it slowly. My heart jumping in my chest as it creaked.

Strangely, she remained standing with her back to me. She stared in the mirror fixing her short brown hair, but I could tell she was watching my reflection. As I inched out, I could see a smile spread across her face. I then rushed forward pointing my katana at her back and her smile quickly dissolved into an expression of confusion. She put her hands up slowly remaining calm.
“Well, nice to meet you too. Is that a sword?” she asked still bewildered.

“You should never turn your back on the enemy. What you did wasn’t very smart.”

She smirked. “Wasn’t trying to make an enemy. Besides, I could have easily turned around and shot you if I wanted. My gun is in my jacket. I was also watching you the whole time. Well, your reflection anyway.”

“Sounds like an enemy to me,” I said burying the tip of the blade in her back.

“Ow!” she yipped. “Watch it with that thing! Where the hell you get something like that anyway?”

“None of your business.”

“Fine, but I’m not your enemy. I actually got pretty excited seeing a new face,” she said sounding almost disappointed. “Now how about we start over? My name’s Madison. How about you? Can I turn around so I can see you face to face?”

“No!”

She sighed. “Look, I’ll give you my gun. Will you trust me then?”

“Maybe.”

She reached in her jacket and held up a fancily engraved pistol. I took it from her studying it and placed it on the sink next to us. I then lowered my katana for a moment and she turned around with both her hands up still in the air.
“Oh, you’re cute. So what’s your name, sweetie?”

“Sweetie?” I scoffed pointing the katana now at the middle of her chest. “I’m no sweetie and I’m not cute. The name’s Audrey. Now here’s a question. Why the fuck are you here?”

“Well, I came in here to pee.”

“Very funny,” I said poking her again.

“Ow. Would you please stop doing that? I did. I also needed gasoline. Happy now?”

“No. Are you alone?”

“Are you?”

“I asked you first!” I snapped poking her.

“Seriously. Stop doing that! It hurts!”

“Sorry…”

She folded her arms. “Nice shirt. You like Nirvana? ”

“I like their songs, Teen Spirit and Come as you are…HEY! Stop changing the subject!”

“I’m just trying to be friendly,” she said grinning. “But really where do you get a sword like that?”

“I got it from my best friend and I killed her with it. Her and her mother. Does that answer your question?”

“…I’m sorry I asked. That’s fucked up. They were dead I hope.”

“Yes!”

“Cool. What other bands you like? I would kill to get my hands on an iPod right now.”

“We are not getting anywhere and I’m getting angry!”

“I’m making small talk here,” she said shrugging. “Besides we’re not going get anywhere threatening or trying to kill each other.”

“You do have a point,” I said lowering my weapon “But that still doesn’t answer my question. Are you alone?”

She cut her eye at the door looking uncertain and back at me. Then we both jumped as two gunshots rung out outside.  Scared expressions on both of our faces. It was as if time slowed and in slow motion I watched Madison reached for her gun. I thrust my katana forward instinctively cutting her hand. She leaped backward crying out in pain and clutched it.

“I guess you’re not alone!” I snarled brandishing my weapon again.

“I need that gun, Audrey,” she said glaring back at me. “You’re right. I’m not alone. There are people I care about out there. They may be in trouble.”

“There’s someone I care about out there too.”

“Then we’re in a predicament aren’t we?” she laughed. “Look, I don’t want to hurt you or anyone. I’m just going back out this door and see what’s going on, ok? You can have the gun for now.”

“No!” I spat grabbing the gun. I aimed at her shaking. “I can’t trust you. I don’t know what you’ll do.”

“Well, that’s unfortunate and here I thought we were getting somewhere,” she said leaning over. She then suddenly crouched down suddenly with her head down moaning. “Oh, God…”

“Are you ok?” I said lowering the pistol. I placed it on the sink again gingerly and inched closer to her. Was she ok? I feared I had caught more than just her hand in that instant. I stood over her now as she slid to the floor. “Are you alright?”
I didn’t see it coming. The last thing I saw was her clenching her fist and the next thing I knew I was on the floor. She clocked me right in the face. I fell backward and my katana flew out of my hand. I felt woozy but forced myself to stay conscious. She stood up and walked over to the sink. Grabbed her gun and kicked my katana to the side.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t want to do that, but you left me no choice,” she said standing over me now. “I just hope I’m not too late. I hope your ‘friend’ hasn’t killed them.”

She turned around looking over her shoulder once more as I laid sprawled on the floor. I quickly got up as she reached for the knob of the door. My limbs working on pure adrenaline. Without thinking I ran and jumped on her back. She screamed and we struggled as she tried to shake me off.

“Get off me!” she shrieked flinging herself backward.
My head flew backward as she did and hit the wall. The force of it made a loud sound. Then I felt pain. Intense pain. I felt my body go limp. I fell to the floor. Then I lost consciousness.

Holy pose making! I made a lot of the poses you see here. Including the punching one, which might be released if I can fix her stupid fingers. Just one chapter this week. I’ll make up it to you soon and post two. The next chapter is going through a rewrite, so let me go do that. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative