Thursday, May 24, 2018

Sophisticated Style (Seasons) - A4 & Scores

4TH PLACE (TIE)
A4 - Winter Warmth
Model: Jasmine Lee
Wasn't really happy with this one, but I didn't too bad.




Jen
Wearing the given season's clothing outlined in the brief 10/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 5/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 9/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 10/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 9/10
Total Points: 43/45 + 2 for early submission = 45
Comments: Vid, Jasmine looks gorgeous in her fur-lined jacket and hat. Love the scene behind her and that you have brought in the skis, full marks for that. What a great pose. Did you make that yourself or find it somewhere? The blue hue of the shadows in the background looks awesome and makes Jazzy pop and stand out nicely. Love the eye contact but it would be nice if she looked a little happier about things. She looks a bit worried. Maybe she hasn’t been on skis for a while. LOL

Issabella
Wearing the given season's clothing outlined in the brief 10/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 4/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 10/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 10/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 8/10
TOTAL: 42/45

Erin
Wearing the given season's clothing outlined in the brief 10/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 5/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 10/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 10/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 8/10
Total Points: 43/45
Comments: Jasmine looks fantastic. I love her outfit, especially the hat. She looks very elegant. The pose does make her look a little stiff, though. The hat doesn't quite look like it's placed on her head quite right, but overall this is a great picture!

I blame the ski shoes. Too tempting not to use and not easy to pose with. 😑 If I had more time to work with them I could have maybe made them work I guess, but they were a pain to make a pose for in Blender. I really wish someone would make poses with those shoes tho. Seems like a missed opportunity for a skilled pose creator.

Anyway, I was inspired by gross rich snobs like Hilton and Trump's Mail Order bride/wife. Wanted her outfit to scream "I'm very rich! Deal with it!" basically. I wanted an all-white look with a fur hat (because I secretly want a fur hat). I couldn't find such a hat for sims, so I made one using fur from google images. Then I threw a white outfit together via AllAboutStyle. Then added the ski poles once my lousy stiff pose was done. xD

Not much editing really. Ski poles, snow indentation for skis, snow effects around the skis, sun, sun flare, clouds, and a little flag in the back. Ok, it was the usual amount editing tbh.

If I could do it over again I would do a side view, but I scored ok. No harm done.

Next assignment was to do a spring pantsed look with a bag. I just finished it today after days of painstakingly going through outfits and searching for backgrounds. Being distracted by Telltale's Batman: Enemy Within didn't exactly help. Well, I'm glad it's done because now I can go back to playing that and the long-awaited Detroit Become Human this weekend. Also clears me to get some stuff done for DOA while I wait for scores. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative