Saturday, May 25, 2019

Mixed feels. My uncle is in the hospital and it's not looking good...

So like I posted something on Tumblr the other day and deleted it. I don't know why I posted it there in the first place, because I don't think anyone reads those type of post there. I was just on my phone feeling weird and sort of sad.

Now that the situation isn't looking so good, I want to post something that more detailed and doesn't so much shine a bad light on this person. He's not a terrible person. Just a troubled person.

I'm not going lie I did feel a bit teary eye as I typed the above and I never imagined I would feel this sad in regards to him, because he's put us through so much shit. Maybe I just felt comfortable being disappointed and angry at him than anything else, because that's the usual with him. Now I don't know what to feel.

My dad's oldest brother is in the hospital. I've talked about this person having substance abuse problems and mental issues probably related to those problems. Honestly, I find his issues embarrassing and often delete post talking about him. I also try to consider that he's a damaged person too and that his not so shining moments are because of his problems.

Anyway, he has been declining for months now. He's been to the hospital 4 times now. The first 3 times weren't too bad. He was able to recover. Now I can't say he learned his lesson and got help. He didn't. That's probably why he's in the state he's in now. For a week or so he has been not well. He came home from his last hospital stay not talking right (couldn't understand him) and just not mentally well. He's a very clean person and wasn't even practicing good hygiene. Then he became bedridden and stop eating completely. He couldn't really swallow food and stopped trying basically. Wasn't even drinking anything at first, but my grandmother got him to drink water. He laid in bed all day though for days. Sometimes conscious. Sometimes staring off into space. It was frightening. He didn't want to go to the hospital. Begged not to go, but he had to go and last night we called an ambulance. I think if we had waited any longer he would have died.

Honestly, he may still end up passing away or being impaired in some way. I don't know. It just doesn't sound good. It wouldn't surprise me if he suddenly came out of it and came walking into the front door, but I don't know. It's serious this time.

Now I can't say I'm close to him. I can tell he cares about me though. Not enough to listen to me, but he cares. My dad isn't close to him like he was. They were close as kids, but his problems have just fucked all his family relationships you know?  Then my Uncle J (don't call him that in rl, but for the blog...), who is the youngest brother isn't close to him either. Like oil and water. J tries though.

I will say the last thing I said or did was positive and we weren't on bad terms. I feel good about that. As for my grandmother, she seems rather depressed about it and it's depressing me so that sucks. I hate seeing her sad.

Soooo...it's a wait and see situation, so things may change. Hopefully for the better and for the best.

P.S. They are still doing test and stuff still b/w. He might have had a stroke, which is a big possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative