Thursday, May 2, 2019

It's May and I'm still a college student! RL update!

Yes, still in online school for my veterinarian technician degree. 
This book has been my life for 4 months now. It's really thick and I'm at the end of it. Finally. 😫

Since I've started Biology, I've had to read like 6- 9 chapters at a time. Then I usually take an open book exam after that. It's not as easy as it sounds. It's a lot of information and searching through 9 chapters for the answer can be tedious, so it best you have a basic knowledge of what you read when taking it.

I also have to participate in discussion boards, which has me basically writing a small essay about a topic and replying to other people's topics once done. It's not too bad.

Then recently I got an exam that had me writing 4 essays. Each had to be 1-2 paragraphs. Was sorta difficult, but it could have been worse. 

This was my grade for it.😃
100%!!!!!!! Some nice comments were also inserted into my grade.😊


I believe this is preparing me for my proctored exam because it's basically going to be like this, but timed. I'll have an hour with someone watching me when I go do that. Nervous about it, but this latest exam gave me some confidence. Just going need to study some more and maybe use some sticky notes, because I can do that to my book for my exam. Yes, my proctored will be open book too. I'm only allowed to use my book though. Nothing else. Written notes and sticky notes in the book are permitted though. xD I'm pretty sure this open book thing is going end soon, so I hope to retain some of this information.

The thing that got me worried the most is my research paper. Progress on it is going painfully slow because I'm so focused on fishing my essays and my reading assignments. I might work on it this week coming if I'm still ahead in reading. It's a bit overwhelming, but I can do it! 😵

As for me other than school, I'm ok. I'm pretty content and just excited for what's next. Hope to do some volunteering at the local vet and work on some other much-needed things.  

As for my family, everyone is alright. Roxie is still fluffy and sweet. Still allergic to my camera though. lol My grandmother was sick with bronchitis, but she's better now and is about to get a huge surprise for mother's day. Shhh...don't tell her! My dad is alright. Retirement might be coming up soon. The only person having issues in my family is my dad's older brother and my uncle. We'll call uncle C for future reference. I was pissed at him for doing some pretty embarrassing crap and not taking his issues seriously a few days ago (you might have seen that deleted post), but I don't know now. I think he's mentally declining and will probably be back in the hospital again soon. We're not close and he has been shitty to us for as long as I've been alive, so don't feel sad for me or him. Just a strange situation.

Hmmm...is that all? I think so.

I'll probably think of something later. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative