Friday, January 19, 2018

RL Update: Life as a doggie nurse AGAIN and aspiring vet assistant

So not much happened since my last update. My health issues haven't been bothering me too much. I had been bottling up a lot stuff, so it did sorta come out. I'm kind of glad it did since it was a big relief and needed to be said. In the event of that, I had a talk about becoming a vet assistant. To my amazement, my grandmother and dad are fully supported of the decision. My dad is even pushing for it, which is a change since he wasn't thrilled about me taking journalism classes last time I was in school. So I will slowly move towards that venture once I fix the transportation issues in my life. When I can psychically drive myself to classes than that will be the time. Both the vet assistant classes and vet tech classes are far in the county. Different campuses for each. One campus is farther than the other. I need the farthest first before I can dive into vet tech classes if need be. I'm not going rush into it. I'm still young and I wasted enough money at college as it is. I need to be smart about it and do my research before I just jump into without the proper knowledge or reliable transportation first. I may even ask Roxie's vet advice and see if she wouldn't mind some extra help. 😏

Speaking of Roxie, Monday and Tuesday were a nightmare for us all. We were taking her to the groomers like usual. My dad offered to drive us since my uncle is borrowing the truck for work now (hence one of the two transportation issues in my life). Anyway, my dad car is a pain in the ass to use for such since it's super hard to get in the back. So I grab Roxie, tried to put her in back, and she landed funny on the seat. She started holding her left leg up atm. My grandmother freaks out and just tells us to keep going on to the vet as it might be just the cold bothering her leg. I'm rubbing and massaging it like crazy in the back. We get her to the groomers. She walks ok once outside the car and then her legs just give out as soon as she steps into the place. That's when we realize something was seriously wrong. We get home and call her vet. The place is closed for MLK day. So we decide to go to Falls Road Emergency Hospital asap. Ugh. Now I must say she couldn't walk when we got home. It looked like both her legs were damaged in some way. She was falling down and walking funny. It was freaking scary!


So...onto to the ER. Falls Road Emergency Hospital is the absolute worst now!!! Awful!!! We took her in there. Waited for hours in the room they stuck us in for them to do test. Not to mention it was cold in there. They tell us we need to $250 just to consult the head surgeon if we want as we may be talking surgery again. We refuse since we paid $90 dollars already just to get seen. Vet chick leaves the room for another hour saying they need another x-ray since one wasn't clear enough. I'm sure they charge us for that too twice! So to make things short,  they come back with no diagnosis and tell us it may be a neurological problem. I freak out. I freak out even more once home and begin sobbing for the rest of the day thinking she may be paralyzed or something. You would have thought my family came from a funeral as gloomy as we all were. She was literally scooting across the floor to walk at this point. Did shitty Fall Road do it? I don't know, but she seemed worst after that.

We decided to get a 2nd opinion then. We took her to her regular vet the next day. She was walking better that morning to my relief. Anyway, the vet looked her over and told us she had sprained her left ankle. Didn't take any X-rays. Just felt around and gave us a diagnosis in minutes! We went from a neurological issue to a sprained ankle. Then here's the kicker! We spent $400 at Falls Road and spent $56 dollars at her normal vet. Falls gave us pills for just inflammation as they didn't believe she was in pain. Our own vet gave us a pill for that and pain!

I swear if I had the money I would sue Falls Road for emotional distress and malpractice!!!! F*ck them! Ever since Roxie's ACL surgeon, Dr. Allen left that place has been a piece of shit! No wonder he left! Do not believe the hype! All they want is money! We would never go there again!

Nevertheless, Roxie is fine and doing much better. She has been ordered to rest for two weeks. Aha the cocker spaniel in her is far from resting sometimes, but ok. lol She's currently harassing me for food right now at this moment. She's on a diet for real this time, so she's getting much less now. If you read my tumblr you can probably tell how freaked out and upset I was those two days though. She does mean a lot to me. I truly love her like a child almost. I feel so guilty for what happened. It won't happen again. I'll make sure of it. We already plan to sit her up front on my lap if we're ever traveling via my dad's car again. I just feel so damn guilty. *sigh* It was just a freak accident, so I'm going try not to beat myself up for it. Already being punished enough for having to carry her down the stairs in the morning since she sleeps with me. She's really heavy. Diet hurry up and work please! 😩

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative