Friday, June 9, 2017

Face Off Cycle 8- A8 & Scores (This is the end of the road for me.)

ELIMINATED (6th place maybe)
Vid with Nicole Riley
ASSIGNMENT 8: SEASONS~ Fall

TBH, I feel like I got robbed. Didn't expect 1st, but I don't feel like I deserved to be eliminated. *sigh* I'll just be over here mumbling to myself like the sore loser that I am today.

Note: Judging these comps are a b*** so I really shouldn't whine. I'm not really. I'm just venting. Nothing personal. 





You are adorable, Nicole! I think you look like a playful school girl, who may still be daydreaming about a summer romance! I get that longing look in your eyes and the slight smirk of satisfaction on your lips. I like the idea of you laying in a leaf pile and think your team did a pretty excellent job with that.

Lady Nicole it takes great effort to make a successfully stunning picture lying down. You pulled it off perfectly. Love what your styling team has done with your hair. The colorful leaves add a fun bit of color, and this picture certainly captures the spirit of autumn. I do wish you had graced us all with a smile. Your expression does not quite fit with the fun to be had ‘playing’ in a big pile of leaves and there is a strange green light over your left elbow, but despite these minor things this a great picture! Great job!


I'm going be real. I think it's utter bullshit f'ing sucks I got eliminated for this, but I respect the opinion of the judges. Maybe my photo wasn't high fashion enough? Maybe the strange green light that was a sun flare took my scores down? I don't know, but I'm proud of what I've done. It's beautiful. One of my favorite edits of all time!

Now I just want to say that blood, sweat, and tears went into this photo. I just didn't find a background slap her on there and edit a few things. I created a background using multiple photos. I cut each and every leaf in the bigger piles. Placed leaves one by one on top of her and around her. I used various pieces of hair stock and blended them together. I made the pose from scratch. I spent all freaking day on this to only get eliminated! Fuckity fuck! If I knew what I knew now I would have just done a simple edit and been done with it.

I'm not going say anymore because if I keep going I'll just put my foot in my mouth. Here's a before and after in case you're wondering....






P.S. I'm done with comps for the time being. Need a break anyway. Time to focus on my story more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative