Friday, April 16, 2021

It's been a strange couple of days...

 Hi. I'm finally feeling better. Physically and mentally. I was really sick last weekend and got the strangest text in midst of being sick.

Well, it's a long story. I won't bore you with it. It started with me getting really sick around Thursday going into Friday. That night my stomach and body were just f***ed up beyond belief. I woke up at 5 am in the morning and became glued to my toilet. I'll spare you the details there, but it was not a fun time. I pondered about a lot of things. About what I ate. If I would ever leave the bathroom. If I needed an exorcism to free me of the demon that inhabited my stomach. Just your normal stuff when you're sweaty, sick, and delusional. I made it out of the bathroom obviously and spent the next two days in pain. So much so I considered going to the ER in the middle of a global pandemic. If I beg for a trip to the ER when it's not a pandemic, you know I'm sick! Well my dad also ended up being ill. We then both came to the conclusion we had food poisoning. I don't know what it was. I have my suspicions, but I'm still not sure. We got rid of the suspected food anyway.

Then while I was in pain and pleading for mercy I got a phone call. I looked at it not recognizing the number and ignored it as I usually do. I then get a text from some stranger saying to call them. I'm like "wtf". I decided to answer. I don't know why. I text back "who's this?" and basically why are you calling me. I was half hoping it was a job. Turned out to be a cousin I never met on my mother's side of the family. And no I didn't believe it at first, but they had pictures and names to back it up. I don't know my mother's side of the family really and tbh I've only been slightly curious about them. They weren't a fan of my dad for some dumb reason and my mom's relationship with them was complicated, so wasn't exactly looking either. Anyway, I haven't seen the one aunt or uncle I did know from that side in 20 years! Maybe 25! I was a freaking child. Also a completely different person I'm sure. So I was extremely confused and still confused. I really don't what to say or ask. It's so weird. I feel like I'm in a soap opera.

And TBH, the way they found me creeped me out. My aunt got someone to dig up my info and got my cell phone number. They could have just sent me a letter or stopped by. I've been living here since forever. I used to live up the street from my grandmother and literally just moved down the street into her house (I lived here half the time anyway when I was a kid). But seriously who does that? What else do they know? My social security number? Jesus! Why can't I have normal family members?! Why must everything be weird in my life? 😑

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative