Thursday, September 10, 2020

Dead On Arrival~ Season 2- Episode 27: The Wolf In Sheep's Clothing (Part 2)

Episode 27: The Wolf In Sheep's Clothing (Part 2)

I spent most of the afternoon crying. I just sat there wiping tears and sniffling the whole time. I expected Vince to come through the door at any moment. I imagined we would both apologize and laugh it off like usual. We hadn't exactly fought like this before, but we couldn't stay mad at each other. We just couldn't, could we? I waited and waited, but he never came back. I laid back and closed my puffy tear-filled eyes just for a moment, but slipped into the peacefulness of sleep. There I was transported into nonsensical dreams and flashes of familiar faces making cameos in them.

I woke up briefly when I heard footsteps. My eyes opened slightly to see Aaron standing over me. I moaned and mumbled his name. He smiled and patted me on the head.

"Aaron?"

"It's alright. Go back to sleep."

"Vince..." I mumbled, but he didn't hear me. He sat down at his desk and left me to fall back into Dreamland. I must admit spying on Gemma had taken away from my sleeping. I guess coupled with the stress of our current situation, Gemma, and Vince, my body had finally given in. I slept through the evening and continued on through to the morning.

I turned over on my stomach and groaned. I laid there like that listening to footsteps and muffled chatter. I heard Jones' jazz music come on like clockwork as it often did most mornings. I then heard talking right outside the door. It sounded like DJ and Aaron. I sleepily listened but I couldn't make out what they said. I dozed off again, only for a short while. I began to regain conscientiousness again as I heard footsteps. The door opened and I assumed it was just Aaron. I didn't even open my eyes for a second, but the footsteps were different and a sweet perfume smell entered my nose as they entered. I opened one eye just enough to see Gemma Ryan standing over me.

I nearly screamed, but I remained still and played sleep. She seemed to think I hadn't wakened as she peered down at me studying me. She walked over to Aaron's desk and picked something up. She held it up and I immediately tensed up seeing it. It was a scalpel. 


She marveled at its sharp blade as it shinned under the light. She then walked over to me smiling. I shut my eyes again as she leaned down staring at my face. My left hand was dangling off the couch just inches away from my katana on the floor. If I could just reach it.

"You look almost angelic sleeping. So defenseless. So vulnerable. I could slit your throat from ear to ear right now. Be easier," she whispered sounding sinister. "But you're pretty smart. Makes you such a little pain though. I almost got kicked out last night because of you. You and that little asshole, DJ."

I try to remain still, but my breathing quicken, and my fingers stretched out as far as I could trying to reach my weapon. I was scared. Genuinely scared for my life.

"Luckily for me, the old man's a fool. A fool wrapped around my little finger. It's too bad he's going die along with you."

Then the door opened again and I heard Aaron's posh accent. I always made fun of his accent, but I don't think I could ever make fun of it again. Hearing it was like hearing an angel. I was saved.

"What are you doing?" he said sounding alarmed. "I told you to wait in the hallway in front of my door."

"I'm sorry. Maybe I misheard you," she said sweety sounding innocent again.

I opened one eye again. I could see Gemma standing in front of Aaron now. Her hands behind her back with one still holding the scalpel. Aaron, on the other hand, looked less than pleased holding a small brown paper bag. He placed the bag on the arm of the chair and cut his eye at me.

"She's ok," she said referring to me. "She's sleeping."

"I see. A good reason to talk in the hallway."

"Fine."

I heard the door open and them leaving, but from the sounds of it, the door was left ajar. I listened and I could hear the two talking quietly just outside.

"DJ got this for you. Madison requested it."

"Ah, what is it?"

"A pregnancy test. DJ acquired it this morning I believe. There's another one here for backup."

"I'm not taking that. Don't they expire?"

"Yes, but these haven't yet. Most last two to three years. They should work."

"I can't..."

"Why can't you?"

"Because I just can't," Gemma snarled.

"Then I'm going assume you're lying about your pregnancy," Aaron shot back. "Madison will be pleased to hear her theory was true I'm sure."

I then immediately heard a loud thump as if something slammed against the wall. I then heard Aaron cry out. I slid over closer to my katana on the floor, but I froze as I heard more talking.

"I don't like being called a liar! If you jeopardize this for me, I swear...!"

I rolled over on my back and peeked again. I could see the two of them clearly through the crack of the door. Gemma had Aaron up against the wall with the scalpel to his neck. He looked back at her with his mouth agape and his eyes bulging out of his head looking positively frightened. She grabbed the bag from his hand and threw it on the floor. She stepped on it and grind her boot into it breaking the contents as cracking sounds came from it.

"H...how are you going explain that?" he stuttered.

"Easy. I know about your drinking. I know about your pill-popping. You got drunk and high. Got clumsy and stepped all over them."

"H..h.. how?"

"How I know? Well, everyone knows about your drinking. I just did a little more digging and spying to figure out you're also a pill popper. DJ will just love to hear that the medicine he brings back goes to your little habit."

"But..but.."

She smirked and whispered, "I'm a Vulture. We see everything. Know everything. We're always watching you."

She then looked over at me and smiled as I stared back in disbelief. She knew I was awake. She knew. Then without warning, she grabbed the door and slammed it shut.

I got up and grabbed my katana. I tried to pull the door open, but it was no use. I could hear her whispering and Aaron whimpering. As I started to panic, the door opened again and Aaron fell in. I rushed to the door, but Gemma was gone. I looked over my shoulder at Aaron and he looked sickly. Pale even. He just sat there shaking staring at the door.

"Aaron. Aaron. Aaron!"

I got his attention, but he said nothing. He sat there holding onto his knees with a blank stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative