Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Sophisticated Man- A5 & Scores

3RD PLACE (TIE)
Assignment 5 - Jeans, Jeans, Jeans
Model: Malcolm Payne

I was expecting a lower score with this being last minute again, so yay! 👍





Jen
Wearing the given style of photographic fashion outlined in the brief 10/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 5/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 9/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 10/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 8/10
Total: 42/45
Comments:  I adore this shot of Malcolm, makes me want to do a bad boy comp. I am already thinking about it. In a way he still looks suave but not quite classy and sophisticated. Love the pose, the bike and the glasses look great, particularly since I can see his eyes through them and so making eye-contact with the camera. One of my favs this round. The shadowing is great but close up he’s a bit blurred around the outline.

Erin
Wearing the given style of photographic fashion outlined in the brief 10/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 5/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 8/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 10/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 9/10
Total: 42/45
Comments: Great job this round! I love this look, but I'm not sure if it falls into the sophisticated category, but it looks great! I love how he looks posed next to the bike!

Kitty
Wearing the given style of photographic fashion outlined in the brief 8/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 5/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 10/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 10/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 9/10
Total: 42/45
Comments: Yesss, Malcolm is rockin' this look, I really love it! He looks so good, I say this is one of my favourite entries. I did notice you had him wear a jean jacket instead of actual jeans, I do love this however I think what was required was jean trousers but I like you chose to do something different!

Last minute again, but my original idea for once!

I was having trouble with this hence the last minute-ness. The outfit was the main issue. Couldn't have jeans with rips, tears or the distressed look to it, so that gave me some trouble. I couldn't really find cc jeans that didn't have rips or the distressed look tbh. Most cc jeans are made like that. Then the ones in-game weren't fitted enough for me, so cue frustration. The jacket also originally had tears in it too, so cue more frustration. I eventually just got tired though and decided to make it work. Edited the tears out of the jacket with the clone tool and just chose some pants.

The pants aren't really jeans, unfortunately, but I was scared it would look too matchy or mismatched. Blue jeans were especially too matchy and I thought black jeans might look weird with the blue jean material on top. I figure I should just take a risk rather than make something half-ass again.

The background was another annoying issue, but I lucked up and found this. I was sick of standing poses, so this was right up my alley. I really don't know how I manage to pull off the right proportions and shadowing for this, but I did. Finally!

Is it sophisticated? Meh, I don't know. I thought so. Is it badass? Hell yes! At least I think so.

The next assignment was to do a 3/4 or full body shot black and white editorial. I did it and Malcolm is oozing sophistication. xD Just waiting for scores now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative