Thursday, April 12, 2018

Sophisticated Style (Seasons) - Mock Assignment & Scores

6TH PLACE
Mock Assignment: Classy Swimsuit/Beach theme
Model: Jasmine Lee
😩...Not my best. Guess I was a little rusty. Rusty and frustrated.

Jen
Wearing the given season's clothing outlined in the brief 10/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 3/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 9/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 10/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 8/10
Total Points: 40/45 + 2 for early submission = 42
Comments: I adore this background with the boat and the little island in the distance. The pier you are on, with the fern tree leaves peeping their head in plus the beach house all add interest to this shot without detracting from Jasmine. The swimwear you chose is gorgeous and very marine. I really like the bold stripes and the hat against the pastels of the water and the sky. The extra beach things you added on the towel next to you were good but positioning them to embed them into the overall shot could have been improved. The edges of your model are pretty good but there are a few spots around her legs that could be smoothed out a little more. You can do this using a small clone brush after you have merged your shot or straight onto the shot if you are using an in-game background and carefully go around the outline either from the background in, or from your model outward. I see what the pose is supposed to be but it looks a touch stiff and a bit unnatural. Perhaps if she was holding some sunnies in one of her hands it may have helped relax the look of her fingers a tad more.


Issabella
Wearing the given season's clothing outlined in the brief 10/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 3/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 9/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 10/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 7/10
Total Points: 39/45
Comments: Beautiful entry. Background fits this assignment well. Love your choice of bathing suit. She looks very sophisticated but lacks sassy for me. I just would have loved to see shadows just to ground her and to blend her into the background. Overall, well done.


Erin
Wearing the given season's clothing outlined in the brief 10/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 3/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 9/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 10/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 6/10
Total Points: 38/45
Comments: Your model is super cute and so is the bathing suit. I think that you many have gone a little overboard on the accessories and they don't really mesh well together. I love her makeup!!! The background is nice. There are some jagged edges and I think that one thing that hurt your entry was your props. The mats/towels don't sit well on the deck and are a bit distracting. Your model is gorgeous, though! Love this entry!


I struggled with this. Not my original idea at all really. Maybe outfit-wise, but the background and pose were just me settling out of frustration. I wanted a closer shot with her in a beach chair in a kneeling sorta position. I could not find a background to portray that and I didn't want to do it in-game. Then I was going do a standing position in the doorway of a beach house. Didn't find such a background and wanted the beach to be still viewable. Soooo I ended up with this. If I hadn't edited added stuff into the background it would have been pretty boring. Wished I could have edited those mats out too. They came with the background. Blah. I edited in the island, the boat, the palm tree leaves, the white towel, the bag, the sandals, and the seashell in b/w.

My only regrets are not trying harder to do something I like (well I liked more than this) and not smoothing out the edges. I forgot how tedious comp pics can be. Would have chosen a different pose too. I edited a pose I downloaded from someone else and the small changes made it look stiff I think. I should have taken my time with everything it seems. >_<

The next assignment is titled Summer Classy Casual. Speaks for itself. I finished it last night on time to receive the early submission bonus. Glad I started when I did. I liked that photo much better than this one. I did take sorta of a risk with it, but I think it meets the requirements....hopefully.😅

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative