Monday, April 23, 2018

Sophisticated Style (Seasons) - A1 & Scores

7TH PLACE?
A1-Summer Classy Casual
Model: Jasmine Lee
I liked it, but yeah it didn't for the sophisticated theme of this comp. Opps. 😅


Jen
Wearing the given season's clothing outlined in the brief 9/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 4/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 8.5/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 10/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 9/10
Total Points: 40.5/45 + 2 for early submission = 42.5
Comments: Love this shot of Jasmine. She looks sassy but has some class along with that sassiness. Absolutely love the background although the front bushes are more likely to be crisp and those further back a bit more blurred so the sharpness of Jasmine doesn’t match the two closest shrubs. Most of the outfit looks great, but the shorts bring down the rank of classiness to the outfit as they are ripped jean shorts and this comp is all about sophisticated fashion. The rest of the outfit is great! If the shorts were a solid black or even a less faded version of denim without the rips it would have added enough class to give you more points for the “sophisticated and classy appeal” category in judging. Love the reflection on her glasses and how you can still see her eyes, which still allows her to make eye contact with the camera, and that ticks the box for me. I really like that look for sunnies down on the nose more. I must get that cc for myself.

Issabella
Wearing the given season's clothing outlined in the brief 8/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 4/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 7/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 8/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 10/10
TOTAL: 37/45
Comments: Your model looks sophisticated and but is lacking classiness. Shorts just doesn't do it for me this round . I agree with Erin on both these point, it feels "more like a club/party outfit. The background doesn't seem to really fit the style". Your cutting out of your Sims, is top notch, but the lack of shadows is very visible. In saying this, I do love your creativity, and with a bit more attention to these details you will be a force to reckon with.

Erin
Wearing the given season's clothing outlined in the brief 10/10
Accessories that enhance your outfits plus those specified in the brief 5/5
Most classy and sophisticated appeal 7/10
Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) 8/10
Editing and proportion (this includes lighting and filters) 10/10
Total Points: 40/45
Comments: I love your model; she is so gorgeous! The outfit is awesome. I love color. I do feel that it is more like a club/party outfit. The background doesn't seem to really fit the style. Otherwise, I love everything else about it.

Again, not my original idea. Actually, my original idea sucked too, so meh. lol 😒 Well, it didn't suck, but it wasn't sophisticated enough much like this idea. I also had trouble finding a background again, so it just fell apart.

My idea for this specific photo was to play off her Asian inspired genetics for the styling (the kimono jacket specifically) and the garden background. I didn't want to do a dress, because I felt like that would be the typical choice. Unfortunately, this led me down a road of indecisiveness and literally a closet full of outfit changes. My life would have been so much easier if I had just chosen a dress for her. Ugh. B/w it's amazing how much CC is short and skimpy. >_>

I did make the pose myself, which was successful. Aha, the clutch didn't hide those shorts tho. :P

As for editing, I just added a bonsai tree and a watering can. The blurry effect on the bushes was already part of the background. Like I said on the thread, I need to find better backgrounds. As for the shadow, I wasn't really sure if I should add one. She looked like she was in the shade. I guess she would have a light shadow tho.

Other than that, I do like this pic. Just not for this comp. I also would have chosen a better background.

The next assignment was to do an Autumn theme photo accessorized with a hat. I did it early for once and I like it a lot. Hopefully, it scores better than my last. It's elimination round, so it better. Being close to the bottom is scary. 😅
             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative