Sunday, September 17, 2017

SHAPE SHIFTERS - CYCLE 1~ A1 & Scores

Joined another comp since Face Off got cancelled and Starring Role is pretty much done with. It's based on fashion and our chosen animals. I'm really not feeling confident about it since my brain keeps blanking on it, but I'm trying. Here's the link if you're interested in lurking since it's a really unique comp.

A1-Who Are You?
Fox


Mz
Maxine looks absolutely gorgeous! I think the lighting looks very warm and she really fits in to the background. I love how you've tried to incorporate other foxes within the image and the placement of her hand over the fox to the right gives the appearance of her petting the fox - really great work. I really like how the colours match both the background and the foxes themselves, it brings the entire look together. I know you had some issues with figuring out how to show her trait within the image but all things considered I would say you really tried. As you know, you don't necessarily need to pick out that main trait, so maybe for the next assignment have a look online and see if there are any other traits that you could use to your advantage that you could incorporate.  My one constructive piece of critisism is perhaps watch out for the blurring along her dress, and her neck. All in all you should be proud <3

Individual Score:
Quality - 4/5
Creativity - 3/5
Presentation - 4/5
Requirements - 5/5
Shapeshifter Points - 4/5
Bonus - 0/2
Total : 20/25


Ina
Fabulous shot! I liked how Maxine looks so relaxed and calm, in fact the whole pic gives off that feeling. The lighting and angle are on point and go well with the overall image. When I had a closer look, I did notice a bit of fuzzyness around her neck, this might have been intentional but for me it was a little off putting. When I think 'fox' I get, wise, cunning, adaptability and misunderstood. The fox is usually portrayed in stories as the evil one, but I like how you have shown the softer side to the fox nature. Well done x

Individual Score:
Quality - 4 / 5
Creativity - 5 / 5
Presentation - 4 / 5
Requirements - 4 / 5
Shapeshifter Points - 4 / 5
Bonus - 0/2
Total : 21 / 25

I guess I was inspired by foxes, nature, and the docile nature they sometimes have. I wanted to do something showing their cunning nature, but I had a brain fart and came up with this. The background is based off their habitat, which are burrows. The rest is just me wanting to be whimsical and different from usual.

The next assignment is to show my model dealing with a sudden mishap. Like spilling coffee on herself, which is what I'm asked to show actually. I'm blanking again and I have 2 days. Help me!

2 comments:

  1. Your model feels so Wes Anderson in this, I love the color usage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Weirdly enough I was thinking of Fantastic Mr. Fox when I made this. Haha I love that movie. xP

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative