Wednesday, December 1, 2021

My grandmother is in the hospital now. Things have been awful.

I feel like I've ran out of tears. I don't even feel like writing this. I don't know if I'll write everything but it's a lot. These past two days have been horrendous.

My C flooded part of our house yesterday.  I woke up around 5 or 6 yesterday in the morning to my father screaming and on the verge of tears. I never heard him scream like that and I've only seen him cry twice. I can't get the image or sound of his voice out of my head but I couldn't blame him. It was a literal waterfall going down our carpeted stairs and a fucking river in part of the hallway. It was literally raining down water in the kitchen. Half asleep and panicked, I ran out of the room with just PJs and socks into the flood. Began turning the water valve to shut the water off to the toilet which was the problem and look like a fucking fountain. It didn't work and none of us knew where the main water valve was. I began crying and apologizing to my poor grandmother. I just felt so bad for her. She was not feeling good then and then to have this happen. We ended up calling the fire department and they found the main water valve. I sat on the floor with Roxie shivering in my soaking wet PJs in the dark as they did. I had a panic attack. I had a breakdown. My dad screamed an insane amount of curse words at my uncle. Even hit him in the head with a shoe. We both thought we might end up being homeless. Luckily, it didn't hit the living room or the dining room much or any of the bedrooms. My grandmother was just over it and went back to bed. My dad then spent the rest of the night getting up the water with towels. They cut off the electricity so he literally worked in the dark and cold. His favorite tennis got soaked so he ended up in old work boots. I ended up in rain boots. I kept his company for most of it and got two hours of sleep. Then I called a plumber to get the water back on/fix the problem and got out my emergency funds to pay for it myself. Turns out my idiot uncle didn't stop up the toilet like we suspected, but he somehow broke the pipes behind it. Don't ask me how. I don't know, but he did. Nothing could have been done but to shut the main water valve off. I wish I knew where it was. We all did. Well, our kitchen ceiling is basically fucked up. We got to change all the carpeting upstairs in the hallway and stairs. Also got to do the dining room as it got part of that next to the stairs. The majority of my switch remotes got wet. My game cases got wet. I wanted to cry over them but I was grateful that the console and tvs were spared. All my consoles are dry. My computer was also saved. The electricity is also back on. I may try to save my remotes and sanitize them. Gotta go through wet mail too. The carpets may get mildew and moldy, so we got to get new carpeting. The ceiling is already kicking up some mustiness, but we'll get it fixed. Despite it all, we got lucky. Unfortunately, I'm still traumatized. My dad too. I kept waking up in a cold sweat wondering if it would happen again or something else would go down. My dad stayed up for a bit watching. The crazy thing is my uncle doesn't even remember it. I was furious. Thought about getting him committed even, but he's not the priority now.

We had to call the ambulance for my grandmother this afternoon. She's been sleeping all day every day since Monday. She just seemed not right among other things. She didn't want to go to the hospital, so we held off till today. Me and my dad just couldn't let her exist like that anymore. She sound like she had a stroke even. Then she talked about her legs hurting and she was just out of it. It scared me. I don't know what's going on now. My dad and uncle J went down there a few hours ago. Pray for us. I hope it's nothing serious. She's 81 so of course, I'm thinking the worse. Just sitting here unable to stay still. 

Then before this, I had my mom's side of the family bothering me and trying to get me to visit them on Thanksgiving. Thank God I didn't. I'm glad I spent it with my grandmother. They were stressing me out and causing me to argue with my dad though. An uncle on that side specifically was pressuring me and I frankly don't feel comfortable doing anything if my dad isn't at least somewhat ok with my decision. Especially with this stuff. I certainly wasn't going to leave the poor man home worrying himself into a heart attack just to meet an uncle who is still very much a stranger. Funnily enough, though, me and my dad are better than good now. We haven't talked so openly in ages. So something positive came out of all of this.

Will keep you updated about my grandmother. Again, pray for us. Send good vibes. Whatever. She's my best friend and she must come home to watch me play video games. She's got to see the end of Great Ace Attorney!

P.S. Roxie's dog bed had to be thrown out. It was soaked. Me and my dad were both heartbroken about it. Poor fur lump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative