Thursday, May 14, 2020

Life as I know it. Update on life and quarantine.

First off, remember I said I hope 2020 is better than the last. Well, that's not happening. It's been a dumpster fire of a year so far. Trump, Kobe Byrant died in a helicopter crash with his daughter, we almost got into War World III, and Coronavirus. That on top of the fact I need a freaking space heater on in May.
This was supposed to be my year! This was supposed to be our year!!!

As for me, let's start off in order, after the jump....

So my dad retired earlier this year. He had been with the company for 20 years as a security officer. His supervisor and bosses started picking on him because he was getting close to full retirement. They started writing him up for petty shit and had a meeting about his behavior. They basically were about fire him, but they told him he can retire now or float around to different locations. He retired on the spot. I even went with him to turn his uniform in. A bunch of jackasses sitting around trying to look tough. Good riddance. So he's been home relaxing as a retiree.

After he retired, I ramped up my job search. He took me to two interviews and he had been freaking excited just to drive me around. The last one was in the rural area of MD and it was a freaking adventure. We saw a cow and a horse. We crossed railroad tracks. I was almost late because we got kind of lost for a min, but I jumped out of the car while he parked and we made it. lol Never laughed so much going to an interview. Unfortunately, the pandemic hit, and I haven't heard anything from that employer. I did really well during that interview too. Even got "good answer" twice during it. I hope they consider calling me after the pandemic. Was really nice there.😭 Both interviews were at doggie daycares by the way. I'm not going lie I cried when I realized the pandemic was going ruin that. *sigh*

So yeah I'm still doing the animal thing. I finished the 1st semester in the online program I was taking. Passed by the skin of my teeth. I can't say that I'm satisfied with my studies. I might transfer to another school after I'm done paying them off. It's not much, but I refuse to pay them for another semester and I'm not grasping anything. The program was just overwhelming and not well done. I had to read 100+ pages and memorize it for a one-hour exam. Each of the 9 chapters were on different subjects. All from the heart to the respiratory system to the digestive system to everything associated with the urinary system. All that and the cellar processes that go on. Was given only a week to look it over it. I can't learn anything like that. I also notice their graduating rates are not posted while the other schools I'm interested in have an 80% average. I'm going to do my research more, but I'm probably better off cutting my losses and going with one of them. Will volunteer at an animal shelter too though (for real this time) to make sure I still want to do this. That's if the job doesn't hire me.

But ugh Coronavirus. I blame Trump and his people for dragging their feet on this. Dumbass knew and called it a hoax. Now we're in quarantine! MD is starting to lift their stay at home orders though, but we still need mask. I honestly think we're going end up with a 2nd wave of this. I don't even know when I should apply to jobs again, because there's always a chance I can get infected and come home with it. Both my grandmother and my dad have pre-existing conditions, so I'm especially nervous for them. Even dogs can get it now.

I'm technically not going in order now by mentioning this, but it's a nice transition. Roxie turned 11 years old in February!  I still can't believe it. I was convinced she was still in the single digits and missed out on celebrating the big 10 somehow. We yelled Happy Birthday to her all day and sung. She just looked at us like we were crazy. The usual. lol She's doing ok though. She can't get her shots due to the outbreak, but I guess she can hang in there till things open up again. Maybe soon since orders are being lifted. With her getting older though, it makes me nervous. I cried from just the thought of having only a few years left with her. She can live to 18, but it will never be enough. 

So onto sad news, my great uncle died last month. He died at his home. My cousin had a heart attack the day before. He thought he had coronavirus and went to the hospital, but it was a clog in his heart. Then he came home and found my uncle (his dad) unable to breathe and dying. It was sad. He didn't die from coronavirus though. He had heart and lung problems. I was still pretty stunned. Couldn't have a normal funeral with the restrictions, so most of us ended up not being able to attend. Not too upset about that. I've been to too many funerals as it is. My aunt that passed in 2017 was his wife. I don't think he got over her death really. They didn't get along, but you don't miss someone till they're gone you know. I wasn't really close to him myself. We saw each other at family events and he took pics for those events. He loved taking pictures and talking about the old days. RIP.

As for me, I'm alright. I'm stressed more than usual. My health issues are worse since the outbreak, but I'm hanging in there. I tried reaching out to old friends (non-sims ones) and that failed, so I'm filling my empty soul with videogames and Netflix. Hopefully, things return to normal soon or some type of normal.

So that's it. I shall end this with two words. Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative