Friday, June 25, 2021

Dead On Arrival: Episode 32: Sundown At Ashfield (Part 4)

Episode 32: Sundown At Ashfield (Part 4)

"You bastard! Is this a trap?" I yelled as I struggled to free myself from the mask woman's grip. Her fingernails digging into my arm and a gun to my temple. I knew it was no use. I continued aiming my anger at Billy. "You tricked us!"

"No. No. I would never," Billy cried looking just as terrified.

I looked over at Vince and he looked scared. Seeing him like that made it even more evident we were fucked. I gasped for air as my breath quicken. I was feeling sick to my stomach and scared out of my mind. She grabbed me closer and pressed the gun harder to my head as I struggled to keep it together.

"Well, you must be Vince. You made quite an impression on Jade here," she chuckled. She glanced over her shoulder and Jade appeared behind her smirking. She then looked back at us. "I also heard you made quite an impression on my brother as well, but that's not hard to do when it comes to you, Billy."

"I..I.."

"Shut up! I'm so sick of cleaning up your messes, Billy. This is your fault and you're going suffer for it!"

Vince then held his hands up and moved closer towards us, but she then aimed the gun at him. 

"Let her go, please. It's me you want," he pleaded. "She has nothing to do with this."

"Move back or I'll blow her brains out," she snarled. "I mean it."

He nodded and backed away with his hands still in the air. She seemed satisfied with this as she lowered the gun, but another bigger fellow came forward. He looked menacing as his face was hidden by a creepy pig mask. He also appeared to be brandishing a large hunting rifle. I watched him raise it and take aim

Then the gun went off and everything slowed down as I realized the horror of what just happened. That single shot. That bullet hit Vince square in the chest. I watched Vince's body jerk backward and his eyes widen.

He fell hard. His head hit the ground with an audible sound and bounced off a rock. I froze and just stared at his limp body looking for signs of life all while my mind tried to catch up to reality. 

"Vince..." I whispered barely recognizing my now small frightened voice. He didn't move. He just laid there. Blood pooled around his head. "Vince..."

"Hog, you idiot! Ace said not to kill anyone!" the woman snapped. "Fuck!"

The large man just chuckled and shrugged showing no remorse. "Oops."

"No. No. No," I chanted feeling my sanity leave me. I then began screaming. Tears flowed down my face as I screamed and cried. I fell to my knees sobbing. "V..v...v-"

"Shut up," the woman roared brandishing her weapon but I continued to whimper to her annoyance. "Keep it up and you'll be joining him."

Billy who had been standing beside Vince looked down at him in shock. He kneeled down and looked up at the woman with utter dismay on his face. His voice barely a whisper. "You're monsters..."

"What?"

"You're monsters! Every single one of you," he said angrily. "Even you Beth. My own sister..."

Billy closed his eyes looking as if he was on the verge of tears. He placed his head on Vince's chest. He appeared to be listening for a heartbeat. Hog came over snickering to himself and grabbed Billy by his jacket.

"What are you doing, Runt? What are you in love with him?"

Billy shook his head. "I was just checking if he was dead...since YOU shot him!"

"And so what if I did? He's dead now, so get off of him."

"Wait," he said standing up. He cut his eye at me and back at an open grave nearby. He then grabbed hold of Vince's arms and began pulling him towards it. He struggled, but he managed to pull him to the edge of the grave. Hog sighed loudly expressing his impatience. He pushed Billy aside and kicked the body into the grave without hesitation. I heard a thump and looked away for a moment feeling sick.


"Well, ain't that a pretty picture? He has friends down there," Hog laughed.

Billy then grabbed a wooden board leaning up against a gravestone and placed it over the open grave. "Wouldn't want anyone to fall in."

"So?"

"Billy enough. Move again and I'll shoot you. And that's not a threat. It's a promise," his sister snapped. "And Hog stop goofing off with him. Tie him up and our new friend here."

Billy gasped. "Tie me up?! Wait!"

"My pleasure," Hog cooed.

Hog and more members descended on us. They grabbed me roughly and pushed my face into the dirt. They searched me and confiscated my knife. Then they wrapped ropes tightly around my wrist. I watched them push Billy to the ground and Hog pressed his boot onto his face. They searched him and tied him up as well. Then they began kicking him. His sister stood by just watching as he got brutalized. She then raised her hand and they stopped. She stooped down looking Billy in the eye.

"Beth. Why? I'm your-" he gasped. 

"No. I'm a monster, Billy. You said it yourself," she said. She raised her mask revealing her face. "And it's Kitty to you."

She then kicked him himself. He raised off the ground from the sheer force of it. Her cohorts cheered as lightning streaked across the sky. She pulled her mask back down and walked away as he withered in agony. She looked down at me and pulled out her walkie-talkie as small droplets of rain began to fall from the sky.

"Ace, Kitty here."

Everyone grew silent as a man answered. "Kit...Kitty? I'm here. Over."

"We found the traitor. We also found the Mexican they call Vince with a little added bonus."

"Bonus?" 

"Yes. The black girl that always with the Mexican. We got her. Over."

"Fantastic! Over."

Well, there's one little thing. We had a little hiccup."

"Hiccup?"

"Um...well...."

"Spit it out!"

"Hog killed the Vince guy. He..he shot him."

"He what?!"

"Yeah."

"..."

"Ace?"

"Tell Hog, I'll like to talk to him... when he gets back."

"Um...Ok. What about the girl?"

"Bring her back...unharmed... please. I would like to speak to her as well."

"And Billy?"

A loud audible sigh came from the walkie-talk. "Bring the traitor back with you but expect no mercy from me, Kitty. You know what he's done."

She glanced back at Billy still on the ground. "I understand but we'll talk right."

"Always, my dear...Stay safe. Over."

The voice faded into static and Kitty put the walkie-talkie away. The night and rain clouds loomed over us like a thick black blanket now. The sun was barely viable as it did its swan dive. 

"Let's go!" Kitty roared to her group. "Secure our captives and let's get going."

They yanked me up on my feet and forced Billy to his. They proceeded to tie up our feet loosely much like shackles and wrapped one end of the rope around my waist and the other end around Billy's waist. 

"Time to move out," Hog bellowed. He slapped the back of Billy's head and aimed his rifle at me. "Move out Maggots."

I began walking as Kitty led the way and the rest of the group filed past us. The rain becoming steady. I looked back at the grave where Vince's body laid now one last time. Billy stopping behind me to glance over his shoulder at it.

"Keep moving!" Hog yelled pushing me hard.

I fell to the ground and he laughed. Billy came over to me but I pushed myself up to my feet. Tears welling up in my eyes but I stopped myself from shedding another tear.

I shot him a dirty look and I kept moving. One foot at a time to uncertain danger. 

Note: Between depression, failed job interviews, estranged family popping up, and this episode being a total b** to shoot, it felt like I would never get back to this. Tumblr also made my life harder adding a 10 pic limit. lol I'm on their new beta trial, so I'm going to switch it back and see what happens. Anyway, I added the sneak peek pic into this blogspot post as it originally belongs amongst the set. 

This is the final part for this episode b/w. On to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative