Friday, June 21, 2019

PORTRAIT- Round 4

2ND PLACE
πŸ‘ΌπŸ’•πŸ‘Ώ Round 4- Dance With The Devil πŸ‘ΏπŸ’•πŸ‘Ό
Had a feeling I might get 2nd. πŸ˜„


Comment From Jojo: The main thing I wanted with this task was a good definition of angels and devil and the paths crossing between two if there was one. And I seen you defined them both. The devil dragging him down and the angel all bright and white with feathers in the air. It beautifully composes and well thought out.

Comment From Mamajanay: Beautiful! Love the details, especially the hands from H*E*L*L*. Great colour and lighting. I love how you made their hair look.

The assignment had us pairing up an angel and a devil in a portrait. I thought I read demon, so my devil turned out a little different than the usual red guy. Still works. I also like the color contrast between the two, so I'm kind of glad I made that mistake. 

For the overall pic, I was sort of inspired by Assasin Creed Odsessy, which I'm currently still playing. Like the whole ancient Greek vibe styling wise. I think a bit of Good Omen snuck in here too. I've never seen the show, but I want to see it. Don't want to pay for Amazon Prime though. Maybe one day. >_> Anyway, the imagery with the wings from that show really inspired me.

I gotta say I was not happy with my male's model face. I need to give some of my dudes makeovers. Luckily, the hair hid his face. 

Oh, but the editing was hell! Pun intended! I came up with my own background. Wanted a painterly sort of look to it, so I found a painted sky image and worked with that for both sides. Honestly, it's a lot of editing that I can't explain at less you want me to write a novel. That and I'm lazy. xD With the exception of the bald models and the pose set I used (not mine), everything is edited. Duh. Here's a before and after.

(Click to enlarge)
I can't draw hair to save my life, so it stock pieces b/w. Not mine.

The next round had us posing our models with fans. I did it yesterday in a panic. I went through three different ideas. Almost finished the 2nd one before deciding on a 3rd. Hopefully, the third time is a charm. Not sure about it, but it at least fits the assignment better. πŸ˜…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative